Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 01:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,968 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a 2-3 bedroom apartment for a temporary 1-2 year move. I want the location to be close to University of North Florida in Jacksonville. The complex would be best if it was gated or in a noted low-crime area. Any suggestions of apartment complex names is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 01:24 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,572,527 times
Silver Springs is on St Johns Bluff Rd... adjacent to UNF and I think there is even a walking/bike path now. There are a number of complexes on Kernan Blvd. Heavy student population so I would imaging not the place for absolute peace and quiet. There is going to be some drugs. (Dealers near their market ) . There are some on-campus apartments as well, very convenient to taking classes. I lived in UNF apartments I hate to say over 20 years ago. It was nice being able to walk to class and not have to fight for parking

Old 06-13-2013, 02:15 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,490,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmans View Post
I am looking for a 2-3 bedroom apartment for a temporary 1-2 year move. I want the location to be close to University of North Florida in Jacksonville. The complex would be best if it was gated or in a noted low-crime area. Any suggestions of apartment complex names is greatly appreciated!
This is brand new - in the Town Center (near UNF):

5 Thousand Town Apartments For Rent in Jacksonville, Florida - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

Don't think this would be considered anything other than a "low crime" area.

You didn't mention what your price range is. Robyn

Old 06-13-2013, 05:26 PM

227 posts, read 391,156 times
Price range is important, for sure. We live at Cabana Club on Baymeadows East, they just opened last summer. Hacienda Club is opening across the street within days, they look very nice too and are owned by the same management group, who we've been very happy with here.

I will tell you that our gate is more of a blessing when it's broken and stuck open than when it's working. It didn't take long after moving in here to decide that when we bought, gated was not our first choice, and if we were gated, we needed a separate residents entrance. We've got a common gate now, not manned, and the backup in late afternoon if a visitor is trying to navigate the annoying phone system is aggravating at best, dangerous at worst. Apartment gates will not be manned, and are definitely a false sense of security and (IMO) a source of angst.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,968 times
I totally appreciate the comments! I am researching all that have been mentioned above....GREAT point about a "gate" being a false sense of security...never thought about it like that, but once I read your post and read it to my husband we thought "right, exactly. GREAT point"....PS, I am negotiable on price point depending on property and location (not saying I can afford whatever, but willing to try and balance my budget).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: