Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2016, 09:35 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,124,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
He hasn't coached in 10 years and I doubt he wants to come back now. Pick a sharp up and comer like Josh McDaniel and run with him.
You know he traded up to draft Tim Tebow in the 1st round when he was Denver's HC right? Give me 1 Bill Belichick disciple that's succeeded as a HC in the NFL and I may buy into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 06:34 AM

9,273 posts, read 8,174,607 times
I lived in Denver during the Josh McDaniels "era" and he was in no way, shape or form ready to become a head coach at that time. The team folded on him and he was crushed by the media and fans and he wanted out as fast as he could. Maybe he's older and wiser now and would consider a team like the Jags but my personal preference would be to add a veteran coach who would bring in his own coordinators to hit the re-set button entirely with this team. The team stinks on offense, defense and special teams.

Plus, with McDaniels you'd have to likely wait until the the Patriots season is over to offer him the position and by that time all of the good available coaches may be long gone unless you want to try and cherry pick from college (never works) or roll the dice yet again on a coordinator who has never coached before.

Mike Shanahan is still out there and has some good years left in him. His offense would suit Bortles well as he runs a lot of play actions that let the QB roll out in space to make plays, which is the one thing Bortles is good at.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:09 AM

6,276 posts, read 4,768,588 times
I think McDaniels has learned from his mistakes. I agree with waiting till after the season and other coaches may not be available then. Shanahan was a disaster in Washington and is 64 now and 18 years removed from his Superbowl wins, but he a huge upgrade over what we have now. Jack Del Rio was the best coach we ever had and I always though it was a mistake to let him go.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:14 AM

9,273 posts, read 8,174,607 times
Well, I think you could pick apart almost any coach that is chosen to some respect unless Bill Belichek decides to take his entire staff south to Jacksonville, lol. I really don't care to be honest....anyone and I mean ANYONE will be an upgrade over Bradley.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Well, I think you could pick apart almost any coach that is chosen to some respect unless Bill Belichek decides to take his entire staff south to Jacksonville, lol. I really don't care to be honest....anyone and I mean ANYONE will be an upgrade over Bradley.
Amen to that!

Old 11-16-2016, 06:27 PM

4,793 posts, read 5,960,388 times
i have started and stopped my replies several times to this thread, each time I erase it.

There is something wrong with this team......down deep. There are no prima donnas that lead to distractions, there doesn't seem to be any trouble amongst the coaching staff getting along and for the most part except for the rare instance the players pretty much stay out of trouble. Even the owner keeps his distance and refrains from meddling.

I too was one of those who hoped they lost in London so Gus could be replaced with an interim coach who could report to the owner at the end of the season what was wrong and what needed to be fixed. Did not happen......I have zero say as a fan but find it odd to continue with Gus if he is out the door at the end of the year. It is not healthy for the team to continue with this coaching staff as far playing to win.

Whoever comes in next year is going to perform another gut wrenching rebuild, and it seems we continue to get jinxed at the quarterback position.

Hoping for the best.......our division is horrible so we still have a chance to rise to the top.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:03 PM

6,276 posts, read 4,768,588 times
We had a great draft and should be doing better. I am not ready to write off Bortles yet. This coach and staff have to go. Get rid of Bradley, Marrone and Hackett. We need a breathe of fresh air. I want a really good coach, Bradley was a great DC but he is not a great HC.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:47 AM

3 posts, read 2,249 times
def need a new coach

Old 11-17-2016, 01:09 PM

Some names currently being floated by "insiders" (who these insiders are, I have no idea): Marrone, McCarthy and Coughlin.

Mike McCarthy is in the hot seat with the Packers (signed through 2018). I think he'd be a good fit here since he's reportedly great with young players but will likely ask for the moon in terms of personnel decisions. Thoughts?

Old 11-17-2016, 01:35 PM

294 posts, read 337,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
Some names currently being floated by "insiders" (who these insiders are, I have no idea): Marrone, McCarthy and Coughlin.

Thoughts?

Coughlin! I stopped by the house the other day....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville