Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2017, 03:47 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

Chad Henne to start Jacksonville Jaguars' preseason game over Blake Bortles

Re: Kaepernick. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. He's shown to be mediocre for the Niners since that SB appearance. Couldn't keep the job from Blaine Gabbert last season, could he? That says a lot. Kaepernick's disrespect to the American Flag and the American Service Members comes back to haunt him, looks like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 04:14 AM

1,560 posts, read 2,151,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Re: Kaepernick. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. He's shown to be mediocre for the Niners since that SB appearance. Couldn't keep the job from Blaine Gabbert last season, could he? That says a lot. Kaepernick's disrespect to the American Flag and the American Service Members comes back to haunt him, looks like.
I agree. It's all about talent. If Aaron Rodgers did what Kaepernick did, he would be back in the NFL in a heartbeat. Why would anyone sign a backup QB, low end starter at best, who'll no doubt create controversy in the locker room as well as headache for the HC and ownership.

This guys needs to be in a spread/pistol offense which every single defense in the NFL has now figured out. No chance Jaguars are changing their offense to suit him this late in training camp.

As Boomer Esiason said earlier this week on CBS Evening News: "Whatever political views that you have you don't take it to the NFL field. You don't own that field and you do not own that uniform you are paid to play football. I wouldn't want him on my team."

Old 08-24-2017, 05:34 AM

9,396 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Texans now looking to trade Brock Osweiller. Another Denver throw-away but clearly an upgrade over Henne. We should know more after tonight.....ie: whether or not Blake is just cut outright. As they say we need to "shoot" or get off the pot.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Texans now looking to trade Brock Osweiller. Another Denver throw-away but clearly an upgrade over Henne. We should know more after tonight.....ie: whether or not Blake is just cut outright. As they say we need to "shoot" or get off the pot.
God help us... The guy can't muster up enough effort to play for Cleveland??!

I know I mentioned Mike Glennon in this thread before but I'm thinking the Bears would be willing to cut bait after his brutal preseason there and Trubisky playing well with the ones (Glennon = 1 year $18.5m guarantee for 2017). Jaguars certainly have the cap space to do it if it's just for 1 year. Probably not the answer though...

Old 08-24-2017, 06:41 AM

6,419 posts, read 4,913,806 times
We don't need to sign these career losers and continue our mediocrity. Cleveland and Chicago rejects are you kidding? If Kap could help a team he would be playing. Look at Incognito, sat out a year, the Bills signed him and he plays great. Lets go with Henne and the rookie and if we need a new QB lets draft one next year. At least we might get someone with a high ceiling instead of these middling average at best 2nd or 3rd stringers.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:13 AM

9,396 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
We don't need to sign these career losers and continue our mediocrity. Cleveland and Chicago rejects are you kidding? If Kap could help a team he would be playing. Look at Incognito, sat out a year, the Bills signed him and he plays great. Lets go with Henne and the rookie and if we need a new QB lets draft one next year. At least we might get someone with a high ceiling instead of these middling average at best 2nd or 3rd stringers.
The problem with this is the....what....SEVENTH straight year of "Let's wait 'til the draft next year and that will fix everything". Jags fans are beyond tired of this. Coughlin has stated again and again that the time to win is now and we're just not going to do that with Henne at QB unless the run game and defense just magically get infinitely better than they've looked thus far in two preseason games. Saw a tape of those Bucs lowlights and man did Jacksonville just get manhandled by that team.

If the Jags O-line is truly as bad as it has looked in preseason, it may not matter if Tom Brady suddenly is traded to Jacksonville. No one is going to flourish in that environment. Again, it's early....and I'm trying to stay hopeful that Marrone wasn't showing all his cards in the games.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
The problem with this is the....what....SEVENTH straight year of "Let's wait 'til the draft next year and that will fix everything". Jags fans are beyond tired of this. Coughlin has stated again and again that the time to win is now and we're just not going to do that with Henne at QB unless the run game and defense just magically get infinitely better than they've looked thus far in two preseason games. Saw a tape of those Bucs lowlights and man did Jacksonville just get manhandled by that team.

If the Jags O-line is truly as bad as it has looked in preseason, it may not matter if Tom Brady suddenly is traded to Jacksonville. No one is going to flourish in that environment. Again, it's early....and I'm trying to stay hopeful that Marrone wasn't showing all his cards in the games.
Agree, those of us that recently moved here from other areas of the country who have taken up being a Jags fan have the time and patience to endure a few years of losing and hope that a good draft pick will workout (which by the way is a 50/50 proposition that QBs selected #1 overall pans out).

I'm a Giants fan first and Jags fan second, and yea, I've been spoiled. I can wait a few years but the die hards in the Jax area haven't smelled playoffs in 10 friggin years!! As Coughlin said, "I want to win lunch!"

Old 08-24-2017, 11:02 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Don't feel too bad, we've not seen playoffs for nearly a decade.....you guys need to stop those England games if you haven't already.....

Old 08-24-2017, 11:21 AM

370 posts, read 325,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
you guys need to stop those England games if you haven't already.....
Agreed. Only serve to enhance Khan's soccer venture over there.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:22 AM

6,419 posts, read 4,913,806 times
I moved from Buffalo last year and I would take this team over ours any day plus you don't have to freeze to death watching them lose. Lets see what the Bills old coach can do with this bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville