Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 09:28 AM

4,793 posts, read 5,960,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Well the yips implies he had some level of comfort and ability throwing the ball and we all know he's not a "natural thrower" That said, I know the wind was extremely bothersome and he was putting a lot of touch on the ball...not an excuse but an explanation.

The Steelers offense right now is a far cry from the offense in week 5. That said I do still have hope...I think Bortles can play much better...but will he?

1. We need to win these games even if it gets ugly with Bortles throwing game.

2. If Bortles can get this offense into the zone we have one heck of a team.

3. We can not afford to be starting over again next year with another franchise quarterback prospect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 10:43 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,475,082 times
I have to admit seeing all the videos of Bills fans making a mess and breaking tables in the tailgating areas was very annoying. Everbank seemed like it was filled with Bills fans as well. Hopefully the boys take care of business in Pittsburgh and if not, I am still happy for this season and how well they did coming back from a 3 -13 season in 2016.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:05 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,475,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
When Denver beat Carolina in the Super Bowl it was Denvers defense that won the game so there is hope with the Jaguars defense we can overcome the Steelers.

Bortles needs to work on his delivery and our receivers need to dig a little deeper for those passes.

A win is a win and the Jaguars are climbing the playoff ladder
This last game Bortles was better on his feet. He had like 8 running first downs. I dont think he had any passing.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:22 PM

7,773 posts, read 10,066,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
This last game Bortles was better on his feet. He had like 8 running first downs. I dont think he had any passing.
Well he didn't quite have 8 but close I think. And he had at least two passing first downs, the 20-yarder to Westbrook to start the second half and a 16-yd to Lewis also. Maybe a few others too...

Anyway not like he wasn't horrible passing and decent running though and that was your point I guess.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:31 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,221,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Well the yips implies he had some level of comfort and ability throwing the ball and we all know he's not a "natural thrower" That said, I know the wind was extremely bothersome and he was putting a lot of touch on the ball...not an excuse but an explanation.

The Steelers offense right now is a far cry from the offense in week 5. That said I do still have hope...I think Bortles can play much better...but will he?
only have to get hot and have the right game plan for a couple of weeks to win the SB....Bucs only SB win showed that ----they had been dominated for years by the Eagles, but all the stars lined up and the knocked over that door and went on to win their only Lombardi afterwards.....anything can happen....hope the Jags do it - at least we have one FL NFL team representing well.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:04 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,124,179 times
Some interesting facts that favor Jags chances (but as they say with investments, past performance doesn’t guarantee future results):

1) Jags are 4-1 at Heinz Field since 2004.

2) There have been 12 instances in the history of the NFL where a team that has beaten their playoff opponent during the regular season by more than 20 points have won the playoff rematch 11 out of 12 times. Jags beat the Steelers 30-9 back in week 5.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:34 PM

7,773 posts, read 10,066,343 times
3) Jags are the only team to ever beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh twice in the same season (07-08)

But you're right, doesn't really mean anything for this Sunday.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:48 PM

9,273 posts, read 8,174,607 times
I don't know why everyone is saying the Steelers are such a different team. I mean, they had the "big 3" back then.....Big Ben, Brown and Bell....and still could only muster 9 points. The one thing they really have going for them now is home field and the week off. Big Ben always plays better at home and they've now had 2.5 weeks to game-plan for the Jags. I don't feel great about this game but this team is always in it with the defense. Praying for some Big Ben picks and that Bortles finds his touch because the Steelers aren't going to let Fournette beat them again.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:40 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,124,179 times
Don’t discount the emergence of JuJu Smith-Schuster. He missed 2 games and still put up 58/917/7 in his rookie year. Jaguars will definitely need to game plan for this kid now.

Steelers love running their 4/5 wide sets with Brown, JuJu, Martavis Bryant, Bell etc. so Jags secondary should have their hands full all day. Can’t wait to see what happens.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:52 PM

26,826 posts, read 43,300,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I don't know why everyone is saying the Steelers are such a different team. I mean, they had the "big 3" back then.....Big Ben, Brown and Bell....and still could only muster 9 points. The one thing they really have going for them now is home field and the week off. Big Ben always plays better at home and they've now had 2.5 weeks to game-plan for the Jags. I don't feel great about this game but this team is always in it with the defense. Praying for some Big Ben picks and that Bortles finds his touch because the Steelers aren't going to let Fournette beat them again.
I agree and don't understand how the sports media shrugged it off then (and now) as if the thorough beat down never really happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville