Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 02:44 PM

98 posts, read 287,328 times

Advertisements

Have you ever been to FL? Didnt you used to live here, or am I mistaking? It is by far worse here, especially in South FL, Orlando, and Tampa areas. NC doesnt compare to FL in driving. We have everything from the aggressive drivers to the slow drivers, to the ignorant drivers who just got their license since arriving in America.

Trust me, and I know, if you think people drive bad in NC, you have no idea what it's like in many parts of FL.

Those 2 examples to me are funny. I have so many stories, as do other people here on this board, that the comments you made make me laugh.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:57 PM

Exhibit A:

"A report in Men's Health magazine gave us (Orlando) the nod for the Angriest City in America.
Florida has 4 out of the top 10 angriest cities so at least we are not the only ones representin' the Sunshine State."

1. Orlando, FL
2. St. Petersburg, FL
3. Detroit, MI
4. Baltimore, MD
5. Nashville, TN
6. Wilmington, DE
7. Miami, FL
8. Memphis, TN
9. Jacksonville, FL
10. St. Louis, MO

Exhibit B:

Cable network Speed Channel took a survey to try to determine which roads really are populated by the most annoying drivers.

Viewers said that Massachusetts drivers are the worst. The rest of the top 10 are:
  • 2. Florida
  • 3. California
  • 4. New York
  • 5. New Jersey
  • 6. Ohio
  • 7. Illinois
  • 8. Texas
  • 9. Virginia
  • 10. Maryland
Exhibit C: from the D.O.T.:

For 2005, Florida ranked first or worst in the nation for pedestrian deaths

Old 11-15-2007, 04:45 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9thwonder View Post
Exhibit A:

Viewers said that Massachusetts drivers are the worst. The rest of the top 10 are:
  • 2. Florida
  • 3. California
  • 4. New York
  • 5. New Jersey
  • 6. Ohio
  • 7. Illinois
  • 8. Texas
  • 9. Virginia
  • 10. Maryland
Exhibit C: from the D.O.T.:

For 2005, Florida ranked first or worst in the nation for pedestrian deaths
my own real world experience which is almost all east coast would be Mass drivers are bad, NYC area drivers are terrible, NJ is bad because of all the NY people driving there, but I think the worst drivers are around the DC area, MD from Baltimore to DC is crazy as is suburban VA near DC. S. Fla is bad because of all the different types of drivers, old people, northerners, arrogant hispanics and just clueless people combine to make driving there bad.
Jax has it's share of crazies especially the people who ignore red lights but they don't hold a a candle to the DC area drivers.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
my own real world experience which is almost all east coast would be Mass drivers are bad, NYC area drivers are terrible, NJ is bad because of all the NY people driving there, but I think the worst drivers are around the DC area, MD from Baltimore to DC is crazy as is suburban VA near DC. S. Fla is bad because of all the different types of drivers, old people, northerners, arrogant hispanics and just clueless people combine to make driving there bad.
Jax has it's share of crazies especially the people who ignore red lights but they don't hold a a candle to the DC area drivers.

I agree with this PVB guy. If you all in Jax are having a problem with red-light runners, I can assure you that Jax is getting a lot of the folks that move to South FL and Orlando too. I mean, look at the states that you mentioned above... and who moves to FL? It makes sense. I hope SC/NC/TN doesn't get like this too, with all the people from those states (NY/NJ/DC/Baltimore/Massachusetts) moving there. Because if I cant get happy back here in FL, I will probably be headed back up that way.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:57 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in JAX View Post
Exactly. The rate of growth is higher and rising in NC and is rising in SC. The rate of growth is slowing in FL. You can't make a total number growth comparison because Florida started with many more residents. That's why rate of growth percentage is used to make these comparisons.
Right, but if 4 people are relocating south, 3 of them are still choosing Florida over North Carolina, that's all I'm saying - in sheer numbers, more people are choosing FL.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in it anyway, if everyone wants to start moving to NC instead of FL, I'm fine with it - we have enough people here now .

Old 11-15-2007, 05:03 PM

Exactly my point! There are too many people here anyway! I dont know why people saying how many more people FL is getting than NC matters. Why do we want more crowds of people? More traffic? Crime? Road rage? Congestion? Lesser quality of life? No, I dont think any of us want these things!!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the9thwonder View Post
This is true, but I am not sure why gaining more of a population, in an already crowded state, is a good thing. Why is this a good thing? Plus, the kind of people that NC attracts are probably different than the people that FL will attract. They are probably gaining more middle-class, educated folks moving to NC trying to find a better quality of life. Many of them Floridians. The state of Florida, although I like FL, sometimes attracts the wrong crowd.

In my humble opinion, NC wins this hands down, by the fewer people moving IN, and the people the state attracts.
I don't know if it's a good or bad thing. There is an overpopulation problem across the planet and people have to live somewhere. In the US, people love living on the coasts and FL has a lot of coastland, so there will always be an attraction until we reach saturation.

I don't know what type of person is relocating to NC nor to Orlando where you live, but anyone relocating to Jax needs to have it together because you can't just slide by here anymore - it's gotten too expensive. So, "the wrong crowd" would have a hard time thriving here.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
NYC area drivers are terrible, NJ is bad because of all the NY people driving there
Oh no you didn't!! You did not just say that! Blaming NYers for NJers lack of driving skills?! Hilarious!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:07 PM

Riveree, they are thriving in Orlando. To me, it only seems like a matter of time in Jax. I hope not, but look at what is PROBABLY going to happen to places like Port St. Lucie, and areas like that where more and more ppl from S FL are moving to... I am talking specifically about the number of Hatains who are into gang activity relocating there. What is this going to do to those areas? This is my opinion only.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:08 PM

"Oh no you didn't!! You did not just say that! Blaming NYers for NJers lack of driving skills?! Hilarious!"

You all are teasing I see. Overall, both seem to be pretty bad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville