Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2007, 12:41 PM

18 posts, read 85,118 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
I still love St. John's Golf and CC, but haven't YET found the right house. I am still looking at Julington Creek and maybe st. John's forest. I found an area called Durbin Crossing. I also found Aberdeen (sp?). It's right next to Julington Creek. Anyone have any input??? CDD fees, HOA, how far done are they? young kids or older? Family friendly? Is it another Nocatee (going to take forever) or are they farther along? Toll Brothers are building - any input? I don't yet know if there are specs. Any scoop would be great. Does anyone live in St. John's forest? Thanks, Liz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 12:59 PM

131 posts, read 621,667 times
Those communities just broke ground a couple of months ago, so we can only guess that the make up will be similar to Julington Crk. I do not know about CDD, HOA etc, but I can tell you that there is SO much development along Race Track that it and 210 will mirror themselves very shortly. The Nocatee build out is 25 years, these two developments should be built MUCH faster though. Not too much info, but hope it helps.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:11 PM

58 posts, read 170,879 times
Visited Aberdeen and Durbin Crossing last week as I continue weighing a move to St. Johns next summer. I believe they will have more than a dozen neighborhoods between them, to the east of Julington Creek, south of Racetrack Road, and north of Route 210. Range of builders: Toll, Ryland, Providence, Watson, DR Horton, etc. The main roads, Longleaf Parkway, Veterans Parkway, and St. Johns Parkway, are open and appear essentially done, and actually make for a scenic drive through the pine forest.
There are a sprinkling of completed houses in many of the neighborhoods, and some are occupied. A new high school is rising along Longleaf, set to open next summer. A brand new county park just opened along Veterans Parkway. Soccer fields, hoops, skate park. Very nice. The Aberdeen rec center/pool looks like it will be done by summer, and the Durbin Crossing South rec center/pool is even further along. It's big.
The neighborhoods, though, are mostly still empty lots. There are some spec houses, and builders are pushing hard to sell them in this very tough, buyers market. The concern I had was, will the buildout of the developments be a lot slower than normal because of the market situation, and the difficulties some folks are having getting mortgages?
A sample of annual CDD/HOA fees: highland point and sterling bridge, by DR Horton, total is $1,889 (most of that is CDD).
It's a very nice area, with a lot of potential. Again, I just wonder how long before it moves past the open fields stage and true neighborhoods take shape.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:25 PM

49 posts, read 174,341 times
Hound has given a very complete description of the area.

All the new roads are completed. The new high school will be open next year and cut the population down at Bartram High School and its over crowding.

Nice area, CDD fees are a little high, but some of the builders are giving incentives of those.

I can get up to date prices for anyone if they need them. Just drop me a message.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:55 AM

18 posts, read 85,118 times
Hi everyone - thanks for the tips on how new and location. It really helps like I said when I'm so far away to talk to people that really KNOW these areas and have needs like mine. Thanks so far for the input!

Old 02-17-2008, 08:18 PM

5 posts, read 23,760 times
Where did you end up moving and how do you like it? I see you posted in August and I am looking to move this August and still undecided.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:01 PM

5 posts, read 19,149 times
Hi, what are CDD fees? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville