Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 01:51 PM

32 posts, read 68,418 times

Advertisements

FWIW (and I am not there yet, but relocating in spring of 2014) I am in agreement with the majority here....I don't know anyone that would sink $$ into a new business and choose not to pay rent. I do know people that sunk $$ into a new business and lose it because of a lack of customers.

This goes for many ventures, but more likely with F&B establishments.

And as for this poor lady, who is drowning in the rumor mill, it seems likely that the businesses were opened after they bought their dream home, business failed due to all the facets of our economy, from local CDD to national daily crisis. The failure to reach projected sales leads to a lack of funds for rent, utilities, taxes, etc.

Nobody, and I mean nobody ever just "doesn't pay rent" - there is usually a very sad story that lead to that point and if nothing else, local people should be willing to lend empathy for this family whose lives have just been sold down the crapper with no paddle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 08:02 AM

117 posts, read 246,132 times
Well Dick's and Yobe are opening up as early as next week with new franchisee owners... guess Nocatee ain't so bad after all.....

"Dick’s Wing’s and YOBE Frozen Yogurt will be re-opening at the Nocatee Town Center as early as next week under new management!
Richard W. Akam, CEO of American Restaurant Concepts stated: "We are delighted that our restaurant in the Nocatee development in Ponte Vedra is expected to be up and running again so soon. Our Ponte Vedra location is a beautiful, state-of-the-art facility that has been one of our biggest revenue producers since it first opened its doors to the public earlier this year. We appreciate and value our loyal customers, as well as the dedicated employees whose hard work contributed to the restaurant's success. While the circumstances surrounding its temporary closure were unfortunate, we moved as quickly as possible to address the situation, find a new franchisee, and reopen the restaurant."
For the full story, check out the re-opening announcement in Yahoo! Finance News here: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-restaurant-concepts-announces-reopening-123000382.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=t witter

Old 10-30-2013, 09:02 AM

222 posts, read 425,665 times
Happy to see they will be reopening. Here is more:

American Restaurant Concepts Announces the Reopening of Dick's Wings & Grill Restaurant in Nocatee - Yahoo Finance

Old 10-30-2013, 11:58 AM

410 posts, read 602,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa259 View Post
Well Dick's and Yobe are opening up as early as next week with new franchisee owners... guess Nocatee ain't so bad after all.....
Why, because the company bought back their own restaurant to avoid the negative PR that goes along with one of their restaurant's closing in an "affluent" area? If this was such a profitable business then why weren't any actual Nocatee residents or even Jax area residents lining up to purchase the restaurants after the previous tenant quote/unquote "didn't pay the rent"? The restaurants went to their trademark franchisee as a last resort. Probably got a nice kickback out of the Nocatee CDD till to take it on as well. And when they see this restaurant lose money again it will close up soon enough. This is just temporary PR spin to sell a few more houses in community. Rolling off the Nocatee parkway and seeing boarded up restaurants doesn't exactly give prospective buyers the warm and fuzzy's.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:09 PM

My post was purely informative.... but for what it's worth, people don't buy in Nocatee for the restaurants or lack thereof.
I really don't think commercialized chicken and crappy frozen yogurt really helps sell houses.....

Old 10-30-2013, 06:00 PM

37 posts, read 171,456 times
Dam Giants6 is one negative person! We get it, you hate Nocatee and want everything there to fail. Maybe it will but i highly doubt that.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:13 PM

94 posts, read 190,240 times
There is going to be way too many people living out in Nocatee that will support any decent quality restaurant in that area. I think the mindset in Nocatee is a Family Crowd and a Healthy Crowd. I'm not so sure Dicks Wings is what their looking for.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:22 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,277,446 times
Quote:
My post was purely informative.... but for what it's worth, people don't buy in Nocatee for the restaurants or lack thereof.
I really don't think commercialized chicken and crappy frozen yogurt really helps sell houses.....
The promise of building an abundance of shopping and dining options is part of the sales job there.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post
The promise of building an abundance of shopping and dining options is part of the sales job there.
No, it's really not... but everyone can think what they want.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:23 AM

146 posts, read 224,576 times
Quote:
No, it's really not... but everyone can think what they want.
Yeah it actually is, last weekend my wife and I went to Nocatee to look at some homes and a couple of the agents we talked to told us exactly how far away good restaurant's and shopping were (Like in St Aug, St Johns TownCenter and Ponte Vedra ) and that hopefully within a year or so that some were coming to their little slice of heaven. (the Nocatee Town Center)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville