Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:25 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,504,907 times

Advertisements

Two just bit the dust after 6 months.

Two Nocatee Town Center restaurants close | jacksonville.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 12:29 PM

410 posts, read 602,224 times
The majority of customers who went to these establishments lived in Nocatee, and alot of people who bought out there are now extremely house poor since those homebuilders sold them on a "dream", and suckered them into buying as much house/upgrades as they possibly could. Fast forward 6 months after closing. You realize your stuck with high taxes, CDD fees, large mortgages, costly utility bills, and car gas used to get anywhere since Nocatee is in the middle of swampland. The last thing the residents have money for is 6 dollar yogurt and dollar-a-piece chicken wings.

This is not a surprise at all.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:54 PM

199 posts, read 468,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants6 View Post
The majority of customers who went to these establishments lived in Nocatee, and alot of people who bought out there are now extremely house poor since those homebuilders sold them on a "dream", and suckered them into buying as much house/upgrades as they possibly could. Fast forward 6 months after closing. You realize your stuck with high taxes, CDD fees, large mortgages, costly utility bills, and car gas used to get anywhere since Nocatee is in the middle of swampland. The last thing the residents have money for is 6 dollar yogurt and dollar-a-piece chicken wings.

This is not a surprise at all.
Did you bother to read the article or just reply based on the title?

"Hi all. It is true. Dick's Wings and Yobe are closed for business due to a dispute with our landlord, Regency Centers. Resolving the issues are in the hands of the attorneys. "

Old 10-16-2013, 01:02 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,483,492 times
Why would anyone buy prepared chicken wings when they're so easy/inexpensive to make at home? Robyn

Old 10-16-2013, 01:04 PM

410 posts, read 602,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseconfused View Post
Did you bother to read the article or just reply based on the title?

"Hi all. It is true. Dick's Wings and Yobe are closed for business due to a dispute with our landlord, Regency Centers. Resolving the issues are in the hands of the attorneys. "
Yes, I saw that quote and I read between the lines. To me that means:

"We are closing a wing and beer joint that is not profitable even though its the middle of football season, however since we don't want to bring down the Nocatee property values, we'll just say we're having issues with the landlord while we work out a settlement to break the lease with as little pain as possible."

Old 10-16-2013, 01:18 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,483,492 times
Quote:

"We are closing a wing and beer joint that is not profitable even though its the middle of football season, however since we don't want to bring down the Nocatee property values, we'll just say we're having issues with the landlord while we work out a settlement to break the lease with as little pain as possible."
That's the way I'd read it too.

FWIW - we have a similar problem with restaurants in PVB.

OTOH - this restaurant has lasted longer than most:

Napoli's Pastaria -Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

My husband and I have had lunch there a few times - and the food is decent. Robyn

Old 10-16-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:

I agree,if it was successful they would have figured something out.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:33 PM

117 posts, read 246,104 times
The owner of both businesses is a Nocatee resident. They were evicted for non-payment of rent. Not for lack of business. There's a lot to the story. Don't knock the neighborhood... some of us actually love it.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:36 PM

so just didn't feel like paying the rent?

Old 10-16-2013, 01:39 PM

117 posts, read 246,104 times
Lots of rumors going around... she didn't pay her taxes, didn't pay rent, nasty divorce... the list goes on... but who knows what's true. Bottom line is it doesn't sound like she was well versed in the restaurant business and failed in her venture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville