Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2013, 07:47 PM

4 posts, read 4,586 times

Advertisements

Hellooooooo Jacksonville!

I'm a single, late-30's gal who moved to Jax from Baltimore, MD a little over a year ago. I had to get a place quick, so I settled on an apartment in Southside. Needless to say, although Southside has its perks, it's just not for me! I want a more urbanish-neighborhoody feel with walkability and a lively atmosphere. San Marco and Riverside top my list because they remind me of the cooler neighborhoods in Charm City, but I also like the idea of Neptune Beach or Atlantic Beach because... ocean.

My problem? I'm not finding anything on Craigslist. I was thinking about calling a rental agent but I have no idea who to contact. Also, I'm finding that two dogs (terrier-poodle and cattledog-mix) are generally a dealbreaker. Not cool!

So I look to you, city-data folks... help me get out of my cookie-cutter, bland apartment! My budget is in the $1000 or less range. Any recommendations for rental resources? Anyone know anyone looking to rent a place to a lady and her pups? Any suggestions at all?

Thanks so much!

Last edited by iciackko; 11-01-2013 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: more details!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 10:41 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,889,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iciackko View Post

I'm a single, late-30's gal who moved to Jax from Baltimore, MD a little over a year ago. I had to get a place quick, so I settled on an apartment in Southside. Needless to say, although Southside has its perks, it's just not for me! I want a more urbanish-neighborhoody feel with walkability and a lively atmosphere. San Marco and Riverside top my list because they remind me of the cooler neighborhoods in Charm City, but I also like the idea of Neptune Beach or Atlantic Beach because... ocean.

My problem? I'm not finding anything on Craigslist. I was thinking about calling a rental agent but I have no idea who to contact. Also, I'm finding that two dogs (terrier-poodle and cattledog-mix) are generally a dealbreaker. Not cool!

So I look to you, city-data folks... help me get out of my cookie-cutter, bland apartment! My budget is in the $1000 or less range. Any recommendations for rental resources? Anyone know anyone looking to rent a place to a lady and her pups? Any suggestions at all?

Thanks so much!
I think you'll have much better luck renting from an individual. We rented when we moved here four years ago so that we could get a feel for the area before buying. We have a German Shepherd Dog and that completely eliminated us from being able to rent through any rental agencies. We ended up renting directly from the homeowner and it worked out great! We did find our rental through craigslist. You may just have to keep looking.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:33 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,274,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iciackko View Post

Thanks so much!
www.traditionsjax.com and www.hethrealty.com usually feature a decent amount of historic neighborhood rentals. Not the same neighborhoods you mentioned above, but www.propvoice.com usually features properties in a similar area.

Craigslist, however, is a good resource as well.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:20 AM

4 posts, read 4,586 times
Thank for your response... I'll keep searching!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville