Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 03:34 PM

8 posts, read 9,137 times

Advertisements

My family lives an hour or so north of Philly in Allentown. I commented to one of your other posts. People on here will tell you their opinions whether it be good or bad Remember it is THEIR opinion. Don't let it discourage your on a choice only you can make for your family. Like you said, it is called being a parent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 05:11 PM

285 posts, read 606,442 times
Christylee, you sound like a fantastic Mom! Definitely listen to Acebab's advice, I think Julington Creek Plantation would be perfect for you, it fits every requirement on your list. Not to mention the awesome amenity center that is almost always included with your rent. The schools are the best in the state, too. I would do a search for townhomes in the area code 32259, then when you call on them, make sure they are in JCP (Julington Creek Plantation.) Check out the amenity center website...

Julington Creek Plantation CDD

Old 02-04-2014, 06:39 PM

190 posts, read 315,855 times
The main reason I would choose living in Florida over Georgia is the fact that Florida doesn't have a state income tax, whereas Georgia does.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:30 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,789,495 times
Christylee, the Mayo Clinic is there for excellent healthcare, but you may want to see if you can get into the drs there...but with history of a rare cancer, they may accept you (but then of course there are costs). I think the other good hospital is Baptist - I'm thinking that is towards Julington - anyone know?

Also, I came across a sinkhole map of St. Johns County, and there were virtually none...doesn't seem to be a worry in this part of Florida from what I saw. If anyone knows more on that - please chime in.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:37 PM

18 posts, read 27,647 times
I will look into Julington Creek Plantation. I've never heard of that. Thank you Shannon. None of my children came out with a list of instruction so I do the best I can. @Scorpio, I know exactly where Allentown is. I'm originally from Reading but live in Malvern now. Reading was so much more laid back then where I'm at now. Malvern is very stuck up and if you don't grow up with these snobs they aren't too accepting of you. I don't worry about negative opinions on here. I've been through marriage, divorce, birth, death, cancer and more. If those things didn't bring me down a few negative comments certainly won't. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I'm not going to let people that don't even know me get the best of me. Life is way too short to let people get the best of you. Thanks for that info William. I wasn't aware of that.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:40 PM

Thanks snuffybear. The sinkhole thing kinda stressed me out so that makes me feel better.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:57 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,426,059 times
Here, Christylee73...my gift to you...FamilyWatchdog.com. From now on you'll know where EVERY sexual predator lives in WHATEVER city you choose.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:57 PM

Me too Christylee! I was so relieved when I saw the sinkhole map (if I can find it, I"ll link it later).

Julington Creek is a nice development with many neighborhoods. The schools there are top notch, A-rated. The HS there is #155 nationally (Creekside HS). The housing really varies in size so I would not think it would be snobby like Malvern. Plus, I keep hearing how NICE people are in this part of Fla.

Just put into google maps and you can get a good view of the housing / neighborhoods. Also, nice amenities (pools, etc).

Old 02-04-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
Here, Christylee73...my gift to you...FamilyWatchdog.com. From now on you'll know where EVERY sexual predator lives in WHATEVER city you choose.
I think it's really rude to be sarcastic like this to a poster who is a single mom, cancer survivor and mom to three kids, one of whom has a rare disorder. She is trying to do the best for her family, and it is prudent to consider these things.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:55 PM

Thumbs up Thanks so much Snuffybear

You were absolutely right, Julington Creek would be perfect. It's exactly what I want but after looking into rental houses there's no way I could afford it without selling a kidney on the black market or one of my kids but after careful consideration I'm keeping the kids. I'm still debating the kidney though but I'm not giving up. Yulee and St Johns have both been brought up and both look pretty promising and I could even keep both kidneys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville