Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2014, 05:44 PM

2 posts, read 1,802 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am an investor of several out of state properties. I recently sold a property in Palm Beach and I am looking to invest in a multi-unit for a 12 month rental - buy and hold. A report recently came out stating Jacksonville prices are low with high inventory. Of course these analysts do not live there. My question is if this is a good area to find renters as well as fair prices on multi-units. I am also considering other areas of the west coast, specifically Tampa. I look forward to your response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 05:54 PM

10 posts, read 12,798 times
Gotta love how the analysts know so much, but rarely have any rental units themselves, don't you?

I am local to Jacksonville and know this market. Other areas, I can't really say.

That said, Jacksonville is a national leader in the foreclosure market, and there are a lot of available units at truly mind-boggling low end prices. Depending on your willingness to rehab, many times you can purchase for not much more than the land value.

This is also a city with a lot of renters, and depending on your skill, the ROI on rental property can be very attractive. Close to 50% of all residential property in the state of Florida the past year was sold to investors, so you're not the only one thinking this way.

I suggest you contact an agent in each city where you have an interest in purchasing property.

Describe your goals, and ask them to create you a Portal in the local MLS to search for properties that meet your needs, and also a search for rentals that match your profile so you can research rents. Create an Excel spreadsheet, and start to do the math.

Good luck and I hope this helps you out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville