Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 07:59 AM

63 posts, read 135,605 times

Advertisements

Can anyone comment on this model and if you:

1) Know it and have any comments on it

2) Own one and have any comments on it

3) See any upside/downside to this model

Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 01:44 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,500,867 times
For reference: The Brewster located in Willowcove at Nocatee - David Weekley Homes

Old 04-22-2014, 01:46 PM

196 posts, read 427,561 times
I have friends that live in one on Bobcat Quail Way - they were the first Brewster in the neighborhood. They love it - love having all their kids upstairs in "kids space" and having "grown up" space downstairs.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebab View Post
I have friends that live in one on Bobcat Quail Way - they were the first Brewster in the neighborhood. They love it - love having all their kids upstairs in "kids space" and having "grown up" space downstairs.
Oh, that's what I'm hearing from others as well. How old are their kids?

Also, what did they do with their backyard? It seems the Brewster leaves you with a lot of yard space

Old 04-26-2014, 06:46 AM

Anyone have any more info on the Brewster?

Old 04-26-2014, 07:00 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,160,611 times
While David Weekly is one of the best builders in the area, their website is awful. How about putting some dimensions on the floor plans at least?

Old 04-26-2014, 07:15 AM

AGREED!!!!!! Pretty crazy but here are the Brewster dimensions:

BREWSTER

**All dimenstions are an estimate and may vary**

Study – 12 x 13

Dining Room – 11 x 13

Family Room – 17 x 15

Breakfast Nook – 11 x 12

Master Bedroom – 19 x 16 with Bay Window

Bedroom 2 – 15’4” x 14’6”

Bedroom 3 – 12’6” x 11

Bedroom 4 – 13 x 12

Retreat – 14’6” x 19

Computer Area – 6 x 7

**Numerous Structural Options Available**

Also, I had put this post up in a thread called 'A Pool in Willow Cove' Maybe you could give me insight into this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybahu View Post
Can anyone comment on this....So the Brewster has a lot of room in the backyard since it is a 2 story. I considered a pool because we have the room to do it where many lots on Willow Cove don't have that luxury, especially ones on the pond. Also because of course I love the idea of having a pool, and because it's great living space and entertaining space.

HOWEVER, I have a 30x50 (30 long by 50 wide on a pond) foot back yard to work with which would include the extended lanai and the rest of the backyard space (if I square it off and screen it the whole width of the house). Would it be nice/make sense to have a pavered screened area that large WITHOUT a pool and would we use that much space? In other words, is that too much space to paver and screen (30X50 which is 20 feet beyond the extended lanai)?

Alternatively, we are a lot on a pond. Everyone says the backyard is not an area people use. What else could I do? I considered just putting a fence but I don't think that would make sense because it would be an unscreened back yard. So would an extended lanai with a patio 30 feet back and 50 feet across with pavers and a screen screened make sense? The thought here is increasing the living space and having outside living area but foregoing a pool. THANKS!!!!

Old 04-26-2014, 07:49 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,484,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybahu View Post
Can anyone comment on this model and if you:

1) Know it and have any comments on it

2) Own one and have any comments on it

3) See any upside/downside to this model

Thanks!!!!
Do you have any ability to change anything now? One thing that strikes me - especially as a Costco shopper - is that the "storage room" seems to be in the garage - and not under A/C. There aren't a lot of things you want to store in a "storage closet" that's not under A/C. Is there some way to connect that storage closet to what seems to be a storage area to the right of the stairs - put it under A/C - and configure the space more efficiently?

FWIW - I assume you can't change things like the fact that the house - at least in the drawing - is built totally flat on the ground - slab on grade - it's not elevated at all. Have you done an "elevation shoot" for flood insurance purposes yet? Robyn

Old 04-26-2014, 08:04 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,484,997 times
Also - I've never had an A/C unit on a second floor - much less 2 of them. What's done to prevent water leaks? Or to prevent any water leaks from being a big deal and winding on the first floor? Showers have things like pans and green board/cement board/moisture barriers/etc. - but what do A/C units have? Robyn

Old 04-27-2014, 02:57 PM

87 posts, read 168,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Also - I've never had an A/C unit on a second floor - much less 2 of them. What's done to prevent water leaks? Or to prevent any water leaks from being a big deal and winding on the first floor? Showers have things like pans and green board/cement board/moisture barriers/etc. - but what do A/C units have? Robyn
Both of my AC units are on the 2nd floor. They are both seated in metal pans in case of leaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: