Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 11:00 PM

3 posts, read 2,773 times

Advertisements

Greetings everyone.

I've read just about every thread like this going back to 2009. I wondered at first why people didn't just post in existing threads rather than creating their own, but realized that everyone wants replies that address their specific worldview.

In that spirit, I'd like to introduce myself, and have you guys make your recommendations as to where to live based on that. Here's me:

>30 years old
>engaged to a beautiful, very talented, and outspoken Puerto Rican elementary school teacher (only a trained eye would know that we are a "multi-racial" relationship)
>agnostic religiously, conservative politically, slightly right of center socially
>real estate analyst earning slightly above 50k/year, with a supplemental hobby/income that generates around 30k/year
>slightly racist, but not discriminatory. I treat people as individuals, but know when to cross the street

Obviously, there's more, but these points seem relevant when looking at neighborhoods. So where do you think we'd fit in?

Will clarify and retune as the responses come rolling in, lol.

Thanks in advance,

Duffbag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 12:44 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,506,520 times
Any idea where you'll be working? This is a huge geographical area. Robyn

Old 05-26-2014, 06:07 PM

3 posts, read 2,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Any idea where you'll be working? This is a huge geographical area. Robyn
Will be working either at a major retailer situated on the West Side, or a smaller outfit in Arlington.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:17 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,506,520 times
Where will your fiancee be looking for work? In terms of your job locations - you still haven't narrowed it down a lot.

FWIW - if you wind up with a good wife - and both of you have good jobs - you are well ahead of the game. They're the things you'll be able to count on. You honestly never know who your neighbors will be - or whether you'll like them/get along. Robyn

Old 05-28-2014, 12:00 PM

410 posts, read 363,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffbag View Post

In that spirit, I'd like to introduce myself, and have you guys make your recommendations as to where to live based on that. Here's me:

>30 years old
>engaged to a beautiful, very talented, and outspoken Puerto Rican elementary school teacher (only a trained eye would know that we are a "multi-racial" relationship)
hmmm...I am jealous. Love puerto rican women.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:50 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,387,826 times
You better not ever make her mad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville