Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 06:38 AM

541 posts, read 2,285,646 times

Advertisements

Have you guys been to the Colombian bakery on Baymeadows (panaderia)? It is in the plaza with Aroma Corner (boba hotbed). I just want to say that the guy that runs the bakery is really cool and the breads and desserts they pump out of that place are fantastic.

I especially like the cheese bread rolls (pan de bono), and today I bought a couple of breads filled with guava for my company's christmas luncheon. They also make fresh empanadas. The owner is Colombian and moved here from the Miami area to provide Jacksonville with Colombian panaderia goodness. He is a really nice guy who knows very good English so communication is not an issue. This is the best bakery I have found in the Baymeadows area.

Antojitos Colombianos Panaderia/Bakery @ 5111 Baymeadows Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 06:58 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,109,893 times
cheese bread rolls !!!
tell me more

Old 12-21-2007, 07:08 AM

859 posts, read 3,616,962 times
thanks! will get some cheese bread roll on the next aroma corner trip.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:54 PM

667 posts, read 1,744,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdecapio View Post
Have you guys been to the Colombian bakery on Baymeadows (panaderia)? It is in the plaza with Aroma Corner (boba hotbed). I just want to say that the guy that runs the bakery is really cool and the breads and desserts they pump out of that place are fantastic.

I especially like the cheese bread rolls (pan de bono), and today I bought a couple of breads filled with guava for my company's christmas luncheon. They also make fresh empanadas. The owner is Colombian and moved here from the Miami area to provide Jacksonville with Colombian panaderia goodness. He is a really nice guy who knows very good English so communication is not an issue. This is the best bakery I have found in the Baymeadows area.

Antojitos Colombianos Panaderia/Bakery @ 5111 Baymeadows Rd.
try the 'pan de yuca' as well!

And in the xmas holiday : Natilla...yummy (Custard like dessert)

Old 04-07-2008, 10:07 PM

133 posts, read 526,760 times
Cool Oh Wow...

Colombian Bakery? Haven't tried this one, but I sure as heck will. My second home is in Medellin, so it may be as good as "home".

Y'all know how to eat the empanada? Bite the end off and put in some lemon (lime) juice, or sauce.

The pan de queso is fantastic, so is the yucca bread. The guava rolls are called "pastel de gloria".

Colombian sweets are much lower in fat and sugars then the US counterparts. The food is NOT hot or even spicy, more french or Continental then it is Mexican. In fact, living in the Andes for the past 3 years, it is really hard to find ANYTHING with a kick to it... though they HAVE discovered the hot-wings, they just don't do the spice thing like some of us do.

I am thrilled to hear about this place and wish them the best of luck !

!VIVA LA REPUBLICA DE COLOMBIA!

Ocklawaha

Last edited by Ocklawaha; 04-07-2008 at 10:15 PM..

Old 04-08-2008, 03:12 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,109,893 times
I went a couple weeks ago

oh my !!!!! the bread is soooooo good not to mention so fresh
I bought 4 loafs 2 for us & 2 for my next door neighbor who is from columbia
They also have these little rolls

It took me a bit of time to find it, it is on the northwest corner of Baymeadows & old kings tucked in the buildings with the green roofs

I am not an adventurous person when it comes to trying food so didn't try the empanadas

it was a very friendly & welcoming atmosphere

I may have to go pay a visit today

Old 04-08-2008, 06:31 AM

725 posts, read 2,570,478 times
I'll have to stop by there. I drive Baymeadows Road everyday but never noticed it.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:37 AM

541 posts, read 2,285,646 times
It is right by the Cattleman's BBQ

Old 04-08-2008, 08:10 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,448,792 times
So I can get a Boba AND run next door for some bakery items?!

Someone pass the insulin, I'm feeling a sugar rush coming on!!

Old 04-08-2008, 08:42 AM

702 posts, read 2,184,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdecapio View Post
It is right by the Cattleman's BBQ
Cool. I know exactly where that is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville