Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 06:30 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,340,074 times

Advertisements

WOW!!! Rob is a real internet bad- Moderator cut: language removed
I feel left out that he didn't threaten me.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 10-09-2014 at 07:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 08:05 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,505,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob piccillo View Post
I actually love a good burger ( though you really can't get one here, and definitely not from Wendy's ) like one from In-N-Out Burgers , but somehow the comments from folks like Jude, Florida & Cabbage have me craving fried brains.
still don't get the appeal of the burger from there. Nice fast food place, but the burger is still nothing better than you get at any other place with a drive-thru.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:25 AM

15 posts, read 54,257 times
I am planning to move to Nocatee and I am happy that there are businesses moving in and that the community will continue to thrive. I don't feel particularly threatened by a Wendy's. I drive past junk food chains every day and don't stop. I don't think people who are committed to a healthy lifestyle are going to be swayed by the proximity of a chain burger joint. There is a Publix right next door where I can shop for healthy food for my family. I have no plans to put Wendy's on our regular menu, but it's not bad to have around.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:30 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,360,377 times
Excellent points, Lastofko. To add to that, Wendy's menu isn't ALL bad. They have salads and grilled chicken now, as most fast food joints do.

In the end, be thankful something is moving in. More people=more businesses=more people=more businesses....and so on. That's how communities are built. Next up may be a health food store or upscale restaurant...you just never know. Look at the St Johns Town center area, they have fast food as well as high end dining and shopping, a good mix of both.

Wendy's probably wouldn't be my first choice to move into the neighborhood where i live but it surely wouldn't be the worst choice either, it could have been Taco Bell!

Old 03-07-2015, 06:16 PM

8 posts, read 13,644 times
I agree with Rob. We are looking at moving to that area and a bunch of fast food joints would fall into the negative catagory for us. A cute coffee shop or a nice local bistro would be nice p.s I'd be pretty irritated if a bunch of hooters girls showed up at a family event too.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:50 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
still don't get the appeal of the burger from there. Nice fast food place, but the burger is still nothing better than you get at any other place with a drive-thru.
Nothing better than an In and Out Burger. Their fries stink though.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:21 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,802 times
I find it funny that you fattest growing community as if everybody moving to Nocatee is not health conscious which I'm pretty sure a lot are. You have a mouth so how about start using it and demanding healthier choices be presented to the community.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:23 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,789,086 times
They need a Panera, or better yet, that other Bakery Cafe that is at the end of 202, and is much better...can't think of the name. And a deli and a coffee shop. Starbucks or similar. They should really plan the eatery area with a pedestrian-only area where each restaurant could have outdoor seating. Like a REAL town center. Think St. Augustine but more modern.

There is tons of traffic that flies past on the Nocatee Parkway, and cars en route to Davis Park, beaches, and high school, and PVB. Many times, we would have stopped if there was something like Panera, but when we have gone there, the only thing is Publix for a sandwich, and we can just go to another Publix if we want that.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:17 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,160,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffybear View Post
They need a Panera, or better yet, that other Bakery Cafe that is at the end of 202, and is much better...can't think of the name. And a deli and a coffee shop. Starbucks or similar. They should really plan the eatery area with a pedestrian-only area where each restaurant could have outdoor seating. Like a REAL town center. Think St. Augustine but more modern.

There is tons of traffic that flies past on the Nocatee Parkway, and cars en route to Davis Park, beaches, and high school, and PVB. Many times, we would have stopped if there was something like Panera, but when we have gone there, the only thing is Publix for a sandwich, and we can just go to another Publix if we want that.
There's a ton of traffic on Nocatee Parkway? I rarely see 10 cars during the entire length from Phillips to amenity center.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:40 AM

78 posts, read 89,568 times
What I find most humorous about this title,is that I routinely comment to my wife about the number of "physical specimens" that live in Nocatee. Especially compared to the rest of NE FL, Nocatee is not just skinny, it's really in shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: