Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 06:37 PM

118 posts, read 341,108 times

Advertisements

The Nocatee Town Center neighborhoods are a good fit for empty nester (all demographics really) due to the smaller yards and new urbanism elements. Addision Park would be a good choice. http://nocatee.com/communities/addison-park/

David Weekley is building in Addison Park. However, the homes may a little large in terms of square feet. David Weekley has excellent customer service and produce a good product: Addison Park at Town Center Ponte Vedra FL Home Builder, New Homes | David Weekley Homes

Another option, although not in the Town Center, is Twenty Mile Village. There will be 40' homesites with alleyway garages, which might be a good fit for empty nesters. Twenty Mile Village is in a pretty part of Nocatee, which will feature Neo-Old Florida architecture, lots of oak trees and it's own amenity center.

Links on Twenty Mile Villiage:

http://nocatee.com/communities/twenty-mile-village/

Nocatee adds history-inspired 'Twenty Mile Village' to community - Jacksonville Business Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 08:28 PM

531 posts, read 1,428,214 times
Which community in Nocatee has largest lots? Are there 70 feet plus lots in Nocatee?

Old 03-08-2015, 07:57 PM

65 posts, read 235,101 times
Thank you very much 904jax! They both sound lovely. Your description of Twenty Mile Village sounds very nice. We are empty nesters under 50. So not ready for the full blown experience!

Old 03-09-2015, 08:08 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,159,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayMove View Post
Thank you very much 904jax! They both sound lovely. Your description of Twenty Mile Village sounds very nice. We are empty nesters under 50. So not ready for the full blown experience!
It sounds great, but also one of the downfalls of Nocatee (IMO). The Twenty Mile Island section, right next to it will have homes nearing a million dollars from ICI. You have a lot of small sections of homes all right next to each other in a strange way with no apparent order. They have Standard Pacific townhomes right across the street from there, with what looks to be very small homes next to that starting "from the $100's". Buyers with a million dollar budget really want to be next to the $100k section with townhomes across the street? Seems unlikely. It's weird to me.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
It sounds great, but also one of the downfalls of Nocatee (IMO). The Twenty Mile Island section, right next to it will have homes nearing a million dollars from ICI. You have a lot of small sections of homes all right next to each other in a strange way with no apparent order. They have Standard Pacific townhomes right across the street from there, with what looks to be very small homes next to that starting "from the $100's". Buyers with a million dollar budget really want to be next to the $100k section with townhomes across the street? Seems unlikely. It's weird to me.
Have you visited Nocatee since the Twenty Mile area has been developed? The size and scale of the area is much larger than described in your post. For example, the only townhomes (that I aware of) on the North side of Nocatee that will start less than $200,000 (barely) will be build by Dreamfinders. The Dreamfinders townhomes are located in The Palms neighborhood which literally abuts the Duval/St Johns County line and is separate from the Twenty Mile section of Nocatee: http://www.dreamfindershomes.com/med...s_site_map.jpg

The Twenty Mile area is its own distinct section of Nocatee which is in turn separated into three distinct sub-neighborhoods, none of which have townhomes:

1) Twenty Mile Island. This is a high end neighborhood (staring in the high $500,000s). Here is the site plan: http://nocatee.com/wp-content/upload..._Site-Plan.jpg

2) The Pointe (homes starting in the mid-$500,000s) http://nocatee.com/communities/pointe-at-twenty-mile/

3) Twenty Mile Village, which offers a variety of single family homes, including the 40' home site alley homes by David Weekley. http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/256349/f...eVillage_3.jpg

IMO, the area is well thought out. The high level of planning, scale and foresight is one of the primary reasons Nocatee has sold so well and has a national reputation.

Last edited by 904jax; 03-09-2015 at 09:13 PM..

Old 03-10-2015, 07:52 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,159,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904jax View Post
Have you visited Nocatee since the Twenty Mile area has been developed? The size and scale of the area is much larger than described in your post. For example, the only townhomes (that I aware of) on the North side of Nocatee that will start less than $200,000 (barely) will be build by Dreamfinders. The Dreamfinders townhomes are located in The Palms neighborhood which literally abuts the Duval/St Johns County line and is separate from the Twenty Mile section of Nocatee: http://www.dreamfindershomes.com/med...s_site_map.jpg

The Twenty Mile area is its own distinct section of Nocatee which is in turn separated into three distinct sub-neighborhoods, none of which have townhomes:

1) Twenty Mile Island. This is a high end neighborhood (staring in the high $500,000s). Here is the site plan: http://nocatee.com/wp-content/upload..._Site-Plan.jpg

2) The Pointe (homes starting in the mid-$500,000s) http://nocatee.com/communities/pointe-at-twenty-mile/

3) Twenty Mile Village, which offers a variety of single family homes, including the 40' home site alley homes by David Weekley. http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/256349/f...eVillage_3.jpg

IMO, the area is well thought out. The high level of planning, scale and foresight is one of the primary reasons Nocatee has sold so well and has a national reputation.
Did you think I was guessing, of course I've visited it. I've watched the bulldozers destroy everything in site in order to make room for all these new subdivisions. I also drove past the many Dreamfinders signs "from the 200's" "from the 100's" on my way to the fancy new subdivision. Homes starting in the upper 500's, and if you know anything about ICI, you're lucky to be in under $1M with options.

I didn't say it wasn't well thought out, I said I wouldn't want my exclusive million dollar neighborhood right next to $100k and $200k homes or 40' alley homes, whatever the hell that is. The snob in me would hate that, just sayin. All of Nocatee is like that.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:41 AM

531 posts, read 1,428,214 times
Quote:
Did you think I was guessing, of course I've visited it. I've watched the bulldozers destroy everything in site in order to make room for all these new subdivisions. I also drove past the many Dreamfinders signs "from the 200's" "from the 100's" on my way to the fancy new subdivision. Homes starting in the upper 500's, and if you know anything about ICI, you're lucky to be in under $1M with options.

I didn't say it wasn't well thought out, I said I wouldn't want my exclusive million dollar neighborhood right next to $100k and $200k homes or 40' alley homes, whatever the hell that is. The snob in me would hate that, just sayin. All of Nocatee is like that.
Although The Palms and The Twenty Miles are two sections, they are next to each other. I wonder if you can see the townhouses inside Twenty Miles. The site plan of Twenty Miles shows lots of trees. What are those trees? Palm trees or other deciduous trees?

Nocatee

Old 03-10-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:

The Dreamfinders neighborhood is in a separate sub-division with a separate entrance separated by a preserve forest (a/k/a the remaining trees). The entrances are about a 1/2 mile apart, which by any objective measure, is not "across the street" from the more expensive ICI homes, which incidentally, are set back about another quarter mile from the main Twenty Mile entrance.

The alley homes actually represent an evolution in the suburban development paradigm. The thought process is to use less land and share more common areas to limit the environmental impact of development and make the homes less car-centric. With an alley home, the first thing you see is a porch - not a garage and cars in the driveway. There are examples of this throughout Nocatee. The alley homes in the Nocatee Town Center come close to a new urbanism model, by allowing residents to walk to shopping and other amenities.

IMO, one of the reasons Nocatee is growing so quickly, is that it represents a transition away from some (not all) of the post WW-II War car-centric development cycles. Obviously, one still needs a car to commute in and out of Nocatee, so it is not free from those constraints; however, the infrastructure of the community is designed to "encourage community." It's one of the reasons Nocatee residents like Nocatee so much.

Last edited by 904jax; 03-10-2015 at 11:34 AM..

Old 03-10-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newnewsmama View Post
Although The Palms and The Twenty Miles are two sections, they are next to each other. I wonder if you can see the townhouses inside Twenty Miles. The site plan of Twenty Miles shows lots of trees. What are those trees? Palm trees or other deciduous trees?

Nocatee
The trees are primarily pine trees planted when the area was a tree farm, along with oak trees which have been there much longer. It's a pretty dense forest. Along the roadways the PARC group has planted palm trees.

Last edited by 904jax; 03-10-2015 at 11:54 AM..

Old 03-10-2015, 12:07 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,503,929 times
the only thing I don't like about alley homes is the lack of a backyard. Would be good for someone with high school age kids or empty nester though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville