Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,733 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I've enjoyed reading all the posts here.

My two sons and I would very much like to relocate to the Jax area. We currently reside in MD about an hour south of Washington, DC and work in support of the local Naval Air Station as a Project Analyst . I also have a small side-business performing in-depth research with law firms (medical malpractice and contract negotiations); though I am not a paralegal.

I have been diligently looking for a position in Jax and have submitted about 100 resumes with not one response! Does anyone know of any companies to whom I should send my resume? We're really excited about moving to Jax, but I've got to have a job lined up first!

We appreciate any information you can offer!

Thank you,
Cold In Maryland!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 04:01 PM
LM1

833 posts, read 997,505 times
If you are in the business of doing "in-depth research" for a living, one would assume you've done so on Jacksonville.

Assuming thusly, I feel compelled to ask, why have you chosen an area where work is extremely hard to come by and the wages will be markedly lower than the MD region?

Don't let the "cold" motivate your decision. Is there something more to it?

Old 01-14-2008, 07:43 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,445,282 times
Companies can take a little longer to respond here than you might be used to (Florida-time !).

It's also been mentioned by others here on the forum that some companies might take issue with an out of state address and suggestions have been made for people to get a local address to use on their resume (from a postal store, etc.).

Best of Luck!

Old 01-14-2008, 03:06 PM

49 posts, read 174,244 times
Can you use the connections you have with your present job to obtain a contact at Mayport or NAS Jacksonville here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: