Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2008, 05:41 PM

70 posts, read 309,165 times

Advertisements

In 2003 I thought I was to be down sized here in NY. My wife an I thought we should start looking in Fla. We checked out all the usual places Orlando, Palm Beach and so on. Our reasearch directed us to JAX and while there people suggested going north. We settled on a community at Duval Station and Starrett, near the airport. Some locals told us Jax resident called this the frontier. We took a chance and bought pre-construction from Classic American [now Lennar]. The build went off with out a hitch. We were very pleased with the house and the community. But as best laid plans go I was not down sized. We rented the house to a Navy family, we found each other through Moderator cut: edit. My wife and I just visited the area again for the first time since 2005. What a difference. My tenants and neighbors had kept me posted about what had been going on but we were blown away with the changes. Rivercity Market, new schools, road improvements and all the new developments. We left thinking we had had either great forsight or were very lucky. We can't wait to retire in 2010.
We would like to thank all the great neighbors we have meet for makeing such a wonderful area.

Last edited by riveree; 01-15-2008 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: no spam/website promotion allowed on City-Data

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville