Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,383 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are hopefully moving down to Jacksonville this summer. We want to be in a place before school starts in August. So far we are not having much luck with finding a rental. We want the kids to go to Valley Ridge, so as they get older they can walk or bike. I am getting frustrated.

Would it be foolish to rent in Walden Chase until something becomes available in Nocatee? It is my understanding that Walden Chase goes to Valley Ridge, so my kid would not have to switch schools if we decided to rent there instead. We plan on buying in Nocatee in one of the communities assigned to Valley Ridge, in about 2 years so we don't want to have him switch schools, this is very important to me.

Does anyone know of any rentals available in Nocatee? We found a couple but they are over our budget or not in the school we want. I guess I am being very picky, but the school thing is a big deal to me. I have been talking to one homeowner who has a townhouse in Willowcove, but so far that is not working out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 12:22 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,160,889 times
There's an identical school in Durbin Crossing, you may have better luck there, but there's not a lot to rent there either as that neighborhood is also "hot"!

Old 04-27-2015, 12:39 PM

2 posts, read 3,383 times
I looked into Durbin Crossing and it looks great, but I have my heart set on Nocatee. Durbin would be my second choice, but when we go to buy a house in 2 years I want it to be in Nocatee. GRRR

Old 04-27-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movetojacksonville View Post
I looked into Durbin Crossing and it looks great, but I have my heart set on Nocatee. Durbin would be my second choice, but when we go to buy a house in 2 years I want it to be in Nocatee. GRRR
Was paying $100k more for the same house a requirement? *zing*

Old 04-27-2015, 05:50 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,501,664 times
I think there's a rule about zinging your own comment. *shotsfired*

Old 04-28-2015, 09:14 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,789,086 times
Location, Location, Location. #1 rule in real estate.

Yes, movetojacksonville, I think your strategy is good. Just keep watching for a rental.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:54 AM

90 posts, read 175,246 times
I was in the same boat. All the nocatee rentals were to high. When we wanted to get one it was taken by someone else within hours. Now that I am in nocatee....renting. They have an active nocatee forum but that does not help people that don't live here....uuuggg. If you are still looking ......pm me and I will search thru the "next door nocatee" app and let you know what I find. We are renting while we build.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:01 PM

248 posts, read 535,279 times
Did you ever wind up renting in Walden Chase? How is it? We're in the same boat. Relocating in October. Would like a rental in Nocatee (under $2000 month). I've been seeing some rentals in Walden Chase and Florentine. Valley Ridge school district is our top priority. How are these other communities? I'm not able to travel to FL to check them out ahead of time. The goal is to eventually buy in Nocatee, where the kids to stay in the same school.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak9210 View Post
Did you ever wind up renting in Walden Chase? How is it? We're in the same boat. Relocating in October. Would like a rental in Nocatee (under $2000 month). I've been seeing some rentals in Walden Chase and Florentine. Valley Ridge school district is our top priority. How are these other communities? I'm not able to travel to FL to check them out ahead of time. The goal is to eventually buy in Nocatee, where the kids to stay in the same school.
There's an identical school in Durbin Crossing and may have additional rental choices for you.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:13 PM

248 posts, read 535,279 times
Durbin Crossing does look very nice also. Similar to Nocatee. Do they have a lot of holiday celebrations and events for the kids also? I did notice a very nice, and much more affordable rental in DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville