Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 09:27 AM

41 posts, read 105,496 times

Advertisements

Hello Folks,

I'm moving from Atlanta to be near palm trees Settling down in a weekly rental somewhere while I look for an apartment and I have the following questions:

1. Which beach near Jacksonville is the least crowded, where I will have more privacy and less commotion?

2. Are there beaches along the St. John's River?

3. Is Arlington or Southside cheaper to live?

4. Is it more expensive to live near the beaches?

5. Any recommendations on weekly furnished rentals with all included that are clean and affordable?

Thanks for your input and info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 09:31 AM

146 posts, read 224,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococheen View Post
Hello Folks,

I'm moving from Atlanta to be near palm trees Settling down in a weekly rental somewhere while I look for an apartment and I have the following questions:

1. Which beach near Jacksonville is the least crowded, where I will have more privacy and less commotion?

5. Any recommendations on weekly furnished rentals with all included that are clean and affordable?

1 - Atlantic Beach
2 - A few towards the mouth of the river
3 - Yes
4 - Yes
5 - Define affordable?

Old 09-12-2013, 02:12 PM

146 posts, read 224,857 times
I found this, hope it helps you.
Weekly Furnished Apartments in Jacksonville, Florida with Reviews & Ratings - YP.com

Old 05-29-2015, 09:41 PM

16 posts, read 34,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococheen View Post
Hello Folks,

1. Certain times of the year, everything is crowded, but honestly none of them are bad. If you don't need to park anywhere with a car, Atlantic Beach would be the least crowded...pretty far up toward Mayport.

2. Not really......

3. Arlington is probably cheaper than Southside...but they are close. Depends on the area of each.

4. Depends on if you have a good agent to find you a deal. ;-) They are out there, at the beach, but you really have to pay attention. Per square foot, the further away from the beach....just like everywhere else in the world...the better

5. vacationrentalpros.com

And no, they are not affiliated with me whatsoever. I don't handle rentals at all. They are just the largest around here. A weekly rental is not going to be affordable, though. Unless you are talking about Intown Suites or something like that. Extended Stay America. Chains like that.

Hope this helps!

Amy Rose
Owner, Florida Waterfront Realty, Inc.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:08 PM

75 posts, read 103,601 times
I just rented a studio on Atlantic Beach for two months of temporary, fully furnished, housing through the website airbnb.com. You may want to check it out. Good luck!

Old 05-31-2015, 11:43 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,758,364 times
Just to add, Arlington has a bad rep but my brother has lived there for ten years without any problems at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville