Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 03:42 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times

Advertisements

I don't think that I would want to board my dog near the airport- planes overhead and all.

A hairdresser that I had took her dog to doggie day care at Julington Creek and loved it. Wonder why I can't afford that hairdresser?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 04:19 PM

94 posts, read 482,103 times
I too think Julington Creek Animal Hospital is great! I take my dog there whenever we go on long trips and for the vet! They are always very good about all sizes and are friendly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewLew View Post
Call Julington Creek Animal Walk. They have 24 hour staff, condos that will keep her away from large dogs...and the condos have cameras so you can view her while away (if you have access to a computer). Daily walks, grooming, pool, play area for small dogs only. It's a great place. I have 4 dogs, and I board them there.

They are right off 295 and San Jose. They are at the corner of Orange Picker and San Jose Blvd. I think they are reasonable...but what's reasonable when I pay for 4. LOL

Good Luck.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:20 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,734,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I don't think that I would want to board my dog near the airport- planes overhead and all.

A hairdresser that I had took her dog to doggie day care at Julington Creek and loved it. Wonder why I can't afford that hairdresser?!
It would be nice to see your little fluff as soon as you get out of the airport (if the boarding place is open, that is). It would not be convenient if you fly back home and the place is closed.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:34 PM

71 posts, read 287,790 times
Question Dog Boarding - Southside

Does anyone know of a good dog boarding facility that's not too expensive on the Southside?

I've found these places (below) - anyone know about them? My dog is small (<20 lbs), so it'd be nice if the place had cheaper prices for small dogs.

Pet Doctors of America (cheapest by far, San Pablo & Beach)
Pet Paradise (University Blvd)
Camp BowWow (BayMeadows Rd)

If anyone is familiar with Best Friends PetCare (various locations, none in Jacksonville), that's the type of place I'm looking for...not a vet's office that boards in cages/crates instead of runs. Oh, and it'd be best if the place was open on Sundays, since I'll be leaving and getting back on Sundays.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:20 PM

29 posts, read 125,192 times
I have boarded by dog at Camp Bow Wow, for a total of six weeks this year and I have been extremely pleased with the service. They let the dogs play all day with supervision so they have lots of interaction with other dogs and peoplr. It costs about thirty dollars per night for overnight boarding there and I think it is well worth it. Before you can board there you have to let your dog be screened for a few hours so they can assess how whether it will have agression problems or not.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:34 PM

71 posts, read 287,790 times
Oh, I should have mentioned...my dog does not like or play with other dogs. She's not aggressive towards them (she'll sniff them), but she would rather be in a run by herself with attention from attendants than be in a big area with other dogs. I've been told by another location that has playtime w/ other dogs that she didn't seem to like it.

Sounds like Camp Bow Wow wouldn't be the place for her - thanks for the info!

Old 08-12-2008, 08:22 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,456,050 times
Try this thread too, 3 pages of info and recommendations:

//www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...weeks-dog.html

Old 08-16-2008, 06:17 AM

353 posts, read 1,149,112 times
When we used to live in the area we used Pet Paradise (airport location) and were VERY pleased with them. Great staff, very nice and very clean facility.... I could not be more impressed by a boarding facility for our 2 dogs. That said we are moving to the soutside next week and we plan on using pet paradise again at the University location. We visited last week and again, very clean location and staff seemed very friendly...

RR

Old 08-16-2008, 10:44 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,456,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1v3rRat View Post
When we used to live in the area we used Pet Paradise (airport location) and were VERY pleased with them. Great staff, very nice and very clean facility.... I could not be more impressed by a boarding facility for our 2 dogs. That said we are moving to the soutside next week and we plan on using pet paradise again at the University location. We visited last week and again, very clean location and staff seemed very friendly...

RR
I'd love to hear how that goes (the University location). We haven't gone anywhere in a while , but when we do, I'll be needing a new boarding facility too.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:29 PM

4 posts, read 6,764 times
We use Freshprints pet lodge and day resort.
Dog Grooming, Dog Boarding Jacksonville Fresh Prints Pet Lodge & Day Resort
Very nice family and great amenties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville