Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2015, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,354 times

Advertisements

I am moving and need to sell my house after I leave. The house will have some furniture left in it. I am looking for a real estate agent. Do agents typically watch after your house while you are gone out of the area? Will they check on it periodically to make sure the lawn service is done and it is not vandalized? Is this service included in their commission? Can anyone recommend a real estate agent that might do this? If not any recommendations for agents and/or property managers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 08:49 PM

284 posts, read 379,138 times
I loved our agent for our purchase in St. Augustine. She helped us look at houses in Flagler Beach, so I know she'll cover the Palm Coast areaawn Gould, Broker Associate, GRI, CAM, CDPE
Florida Homes Realty & Mortgage
dawngould.LocateNorthFloridaHomes.com

Old 09-02-2015, 06:40 AM

245 posts, read 503,533 times
A good agent will take care of the house for you. No extra charge.

I would highly recommend Diane Leonardi, who covers all of St. John's County. The St. John's Realty Group. 904 540-0314. She also does property management so you have both areas covered with her. She won't charge you extra for any of the details that will make sure your house gets sold.

As another example of a good agent & what they will do for you, I sold a house in Southern California earlier this year and obviously wasn't there to take care of everything that was needed. My agent paid for a staging fee out of her pocket and oversaw a number of needed repairs that totaled about $8000. There was a lockbox but she personally went over for each showing (and there were quite a number as we had 25 offers). She did such a good job that the highest offer we received was almost 50% over the asking price. She was always there by phone or email if I needed her.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:18 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,501,664 times
You may also wish to consider pricing your house such that it won't sit vacant for very long. I don't know the market in Palm Coast, so it's hard to say what the average Days on Market stat is.

Another important point is that if you're carrying insurance on the property, if you don't have the proper coverage and they find out that it's vacant, they may require that you obtain additional coverage or a new policy. A vacant house is a higher risk than one that is occupied.

Finally, since it sounds like you have specific needs for your house, you'll want to have a contract with specific language that addresses what your chosen agent is going to do for you, how often they are going to do it, what the limit is on their responsibility (it is still your property, after all), and the limits on their liability, should something go wrong. Don't be cheap and expect their commission to cover their cost to do these extra things for you.

Also note that a "sales agent" may tell you they will do something like this for you, in order to get your business, but their BROKER may have something else to say about that. Insurance for this type of work is not cheap and many GL policies will not cover property management activities.

Good luck!

Old 09-09-2015, 11:52 AM

5 posts, read 7,630 times
Harry Ashley is a terrific agent. Works hard. Very honest and keeps in constant contact with the client.

Palm Coast Real Estate For Sale - 386-931-6054

Email harry@harryashley.com

Old 09-10-2015, 08:35 AM

90 posts, read 127,424 times
I second Dawn Gould! We worked with her a few weeks back and she is a true professional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville