Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 04:50 PM

10 posts, read 11,565 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Jacksonville in a few months. We have roughly $1m to $1.3m to spend on a home. The business associates I know have all said Ponte Verde is the best area to look at and the most solid real estate investment. My wife would prefer a gated community, although I hope to convince her it's not a necessity. Any advice on other areas to check out? Are there any particular locations within Ponte Verde to focus on? Are there gated communities in Ponte Verde? We are coming to town next weekend and prefer to look around ourselves initially. We will likely contact a realtor later. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 06:22 PM

308 posts, read 267,390 times
Are a gated community and investment value the only two concerns you have? Ponte Vedra is a well established area, and I am sure you can find really nice homes in that area for your budget. That said, I believe you may be able to get more for your money if you consider the homes along the river.

I am sure more people can chime in with better advice if you could provide a few more details as to what you are looking for in a home.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:51 PM

67 posts, read 108,088 times
Friend lives here and he loves it.

The Plantation at Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

HOA fees are high.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:57 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Where are you working? Do you have school-aged children?

If no kids I would either take a home on the beach or on the river. Some of the high-end gated communities are Queen's Harbour, Glen Kernan and Epping Forest. Check out the Ortega neighborhood as well (not gated but your wife won't mind I am sure)

If you have kids then many people default to PV because of the schools. Marsh Landing is a popular gated community there. But if you're commuting to downtown it might not be so fun. Many people would rather send kids to private school and live closer to the city.

Good luck!!

Old 09-05-2015, 05:41 AM

294 posts, read 340,685 times
Atlantic Beach Country Club is developing very nicely. New high end gated golf course community with many amenities close to beach in nice area.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:09 AM

1,767 posts, read 1,742,996 times
Marsh Landing in Ponta Vedra = gated and beautiful homes in your price range. Close to the Ponte Vedra beach club and shopping etc.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:20 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
I would NOT pay that much money for a house in FL.

Seriously.

You may not stay in FL long, as many people leave and come and go like a revolving door. Plus, RE prices in FL are very up and down, and as FL's biggest group of buyers is shrinking considerable (foreigners), I would not invest that much money in a FL home. If you were going to Atlanta or Charlotte, a much more stable area with better job opportunities, I'd ay go for it. But not in FL.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:12 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,340,205 times
Marsh Landing, Sawgrass, The Players Club and The Plantation all gated communities in Ponte Vedra with homes in your price range.

Old 09-05-2015, 03:40 PM

36 posts, read 41,584 times
She wants the gated community for a better sense of security? If I were shopping for myself in that price range, I'd go buy a beachfront gated estate in South Ponte Vedra. But then, I like privacy. Some people like a planned development.

Old 09-05-2015, 03:41 PM

36 posts, read 41,584 times
I just noticed-the original poster has made a similar post for several different cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville