Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 03:00 PM

227 posts, read 970,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1972 View Post
While there are specific areas with crime problems, there are plenty of good areas with solid decent people where the police are never called to. "Arlington" covers a huge area, so it's not accurate to lump the bad spots in with the good.
Very true. Some of the prettiest areas of Jacksonville are in Arlington. I wasn't trying to lump it all together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 09:25 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,452,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1972 View Post

While there are specific areas with crime problems, there are plenty of good areas with solid decent people where the police are never called to. "Arlington" covers a huge area, so it's not accurate to lump the bad spots in with the good.
I totally agree. The bad parts are pretty bad, but there's plenty of decent parts too and it's still an affordable area.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post

I also thought about San Marco as i remember there are tons of Duplexes that were inexpensive back then although i keep seeing ads for San Marco as super expensive now so maybe it's an upscale area now......
If it's been 10 years or so since you checked out San Marco, then yes, BIG changes.

San Marco is a real success story. Today it's one of the hottest neighborhoods in Jax, and one of the most expensive per square foot, but it was a very different story 10 years ago.

Some of those same rentals you remember may be there, but they are ageing.

There are a ton of new/newer apartment complexes out along 9A (@ Atlantic Blvd; Beach Blvd; Hodges Blvd; Kernan Blvd). This is an area that has BOOMED in the last 5 or so years - the entire landscape of the area has completely changed.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:44 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,615,450 times
Thanks for the input about San Marco Riveree......

Yeah those new apartments out there would be great as they are closer to Jax Beaches. Also having 9A there can get you in and out of the area quicker. One question though and that is are they ever going to rename 9A I-295 as i believe the loop is completed now correct??

Old 01-31-2008, 10:01 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times
is it just me or how much fun will it be so see the look on 6/3 face when he sees how well the city has grown

ok 6/3 when do you get in town

Old 02-02-2008, 08:22 AM

75 posts, read 203,988 times
Avoid that area. As long as I've been here it's had a bad reputation. especially the apts. I don't know much about rentals as far as apartments go but the housing neighborhoods north of Ft. Caroline are nice. Quiet and safe. Maybe more east towards the beach there may be better apts. Renting a house may be an option as rents could be in the same range and you could always check out the area stats on stickys link here on this site.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:03 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,615,450 times
Thanks Dolphin and Karla for the ifo and support

I will definately not move there as evryone's answered my question on Justina Rd as i just couldn't remember that area after 13 years away as i rarely ever ventured to that part of town when i lived there before and i'm also checking into different places and weighing my thoughts on all of this but again i do appreciate everyones's help and all.

Lots of things i'm pondering.
6/3

Old 02-02-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Thanks for the input about San Marco Riveree......

Yeah those new apartments out there would be great as they are closer to Jax Beaches. Also having 9A there can get you in and out of the area quicker. One question though and that is are they ever going to rename 9A I-295 as i believe the loop is completed now correct??
Right, 9A can be used to get you in and out of Intracoastal West very easily - especially if you live close to St. John's Bluff Road (now a huge road, by the way) or Kernan Blvd.

Once the loop is completed, they will be changing the name so that the entire loop will be called I295.

The loop is basically completed, but there's still some ramps that need to be opened (I'm thinking specifically of 9A @ St. John's Bluff Road - this is a major overpass exchange and it's not 100% done yet).

Old 05-17-2015, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 670 times
Hi everyone,
My question is where does everyone lives that has dogs that Dont meet the breed quality for renting. My brother has a non-aggressive very obedient 3 yr old Rottweiler dog. The dog is house trained and lived with my brother every since he was 8 weeks old, Unfortunately my brother has to move due new property owners..and he's having hell trying to find a place that would accepted the dog... If anyone knows an apartment complex or a privite renter that dont have dog restrictions in Jacksonville Florida please respond... The pound is NOT an option.. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville