Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 01:05 PM

3 posts, read 6,230 times

Advertisements

DO IT! I relocated by car from California with my three kiddies (awesome road trip). These forums were so helpful when I was trying to make a final decision whether to move or not. Northside, Southside, Westside, Beaches.., ugh I was so confused and everyone had differing opinions. I was worried about bugs, namely flying roaches, and I can reassure you that bugs are not a huge issue.

I decided on the Jax beach area, although I work at St Vincent's in Riverside. I feel safe, free, and extremely welcomed by my community. People have been so friendly and helpful, I feel I can relax for the first time ever in my life. This was a fantastic decision for us thus far, and heres to that continuing.
I have a sneaking suspicion that tje negative posts are meant to scare people away so residents can keep this gorgeous place to themselves!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 01:23 PM

9,395 posts, read 8,363,704 times
She's lying. It's terrible here with all the flying snakes and frequent blizzards. Stay FAR, FAR away!

Welcome!

Old 09-23-2015, 01:32 PM

3 posts, read 6,230 times
Blizzards? Wha? Wait! Is there a dairy queen here?

Old 09-23-2015, 01:35 PM

102 posts, read 185,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida2014 View Post
she's lying. It's terrible here with all the flying snakes and frequent blizzards. Stay far, far away!

Welcome!

wth.....

Old 09-23-2015, 03:08 PM

9,395 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Guess you aren't one to pick up on obvious sarcasm.....

Old 09-23-2015, 06:42 PM

75 posts, read 103,463 times
I second eliza2621's comment. I relocated to Jacksonville by car (awesome road trip from Connecticut) and this forum was instrumental in educating me about all of the different areas. Most importantly, I have to thank the person who commented once that "everyone should live at the beach at least once in their life." That advice struck with me and I decided to rent at Atlantic Beach for my temporary housing. Thank heavens I listened as my time on the beach has been fantastic. Everyday I walk the beach for miles with my dog and just marvel at the beauty surrounding me. I also listened to members about the Intercoastal West area and signed a contract on a home last night in that area. Hopefully, I will be moving there in mid November when my temp housing is up. So, thank you all for your advice and yes, if you thinking about moving to Jax, then do it! No regrets here! Especially as the leaves are turning in New England already!

Old 09-23-2015, 07:13 PM

375 posts, read 444,574 times
A close friend spent the last 3 years moving around bouncing from Maui, Seattle, Portland, Vero Beach... after that he couldn't wait to get back to Jacksonville.

Me, Born and raised here and love it.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:25 PM

21 posts, read 21,303 times
Awesome, I'll soon be relocating from MI probably by car too lol I'm going to be in the Bartram Park neighborhood and I can't wait. I would totally agree about these forums, they've been super helpful and were a huge help in me narrowing down where I wanted to live. Thank you for the post!!!

Old 09-24-2015, 06:14 AM

55 posts, read 59,745 times
I agree!!! We bought a place in Atlantic Beach and love the beaches area so much!

Old 09-24-2015, 08:31 AM

36 posts, read 41,584 times
As a Jacksonville native who has moved away and back, this makes me so happy to hear. And trust me, things are only getting better. For many years, the beaches were the only thing Jacksonville had to offer newcomers. Now we have a new group of people with progressive ideas who are fighting to bring even more culture into our town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville