Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 06:40 PM

9 posts, read 31,010 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a nice apartment with 2+ rooms, pool, balcony and resonably priced in Southside? I also need the zip codes so that I can look into schools in the area. I will be coming down in May to check out apts, schools and jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 04:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,109,893 times
hey crstyle
What part of philly are you coming from?
Former Montgomery County person here

You didn't mention the grades but if your looking at Elementary or Middle the schools in the 9A/Baymeadows area have been "A" schools for 5 or 6 years.
There are lots of apartments in this are along with Gate parkway.
Another thing to consider would be looking to rent a condo. The housing market has slowed down so many owners are renting
If you looking in the $1100 to $1200 range you will have many to chose from.

Village walk on Gate is very nice 2 bdrm start at $1205

I have also seen 2 bedroom condos in the Reserve at Point Meadows for around $975(this is within walking distance to the above mentioned schools)

You can also look into condos at Point Meadows Place
I saw some 3 bdrms for around $1100 also with in walking distance to the schools

oh the zip code is 32256

Hope this helps

karla

Old 02-12-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
hey crstyle
What part of philly are you coming from?
Former Montgomery County person here

You didn't mention the grades but if your looking at Elementary or Middle the schools in the 9A/Baymeadows area have been "A" schools for 5 or 6 years.
There are lots of apartments in this are along with Gate parkway.
Another thing to consider would be looking to rent a condo. The housing market has slowed down so many owners are renting
If you looking in the $1100 to $1200 range you will have many to chose from.

Village walk on Gate is very nice 2 bdrm start at $1205

I have also seen 2 bedroom condos in the Reserve at Point Meadows for around $975(this is within walking distance to the above mentioned schools)

You can also look into condos at Point Meadows Place
I saw some 3 bdrms for around $1100 also with in walking distance to the schools

oh the zip code is 32256

Hope this helps

karla
Hey fellow Philadelphian.

I live in the city on the Northwest side, outside of Elkins Park, PA.

I am still in the planning phase and I plan to come down in May to take a looksy at schools & apts. The delimma could be the job situation. I make a pretty good salary up here, but from what I've been reading on this board the salaries aren't that high. If I have to take a $5 - $10,000 drop in pay, I won't be able to afford the condo's. I'm a marketing/healthcare professional, so I pray that I will luck up on a good job so that I can keep my lifestyle the same. What do you think?

Old 02-12-2008, 02:28 PM

859 posts, read 3,616,962 times
We have several Bluecross Blueshield offices in town, and Aetna.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingfood View Post
We have several Bluecross Blueshield offices in town, and Aetna.
I worked for BC/BS here in Philly for 7 years. Do you work for BC/BS

Old 02-15-2008, 04:27 PM

9 posts, read 33,237 times
I highly suggest Paradise Island. I had a 2/2 for 1,000/mo. Great amenities. Lots of pools. No dog restrictions (good if your a dog lover, but if not, may be a set back). I lived there and ended up making lots of new friends. It is safe and the staff is great. Lots of community activity ranging from pool parties to fundraisers. Check it out.

Ps. On the flip side...why would you want to live on Southside when you can live at the beach? That is where we moved when our lease was up, and I am paying the same as on Southside, but 5 blocks from the OCEAN!

Old 02-18-2008, 09:19 PM

2 posts, read 5,316 times
At one point I also looked into this area. Try looking at both Hunter's Ridge and Waterford at Deerwood. They are both in the 650-750 range for a 1 bedroom, have pools, fitness centers, laundry rooms, GREAT upkeep and staff, and they both have a wonderfully safe feeling about them. I think they both go up to 3 bedrooms, but I can't remember the prices on those.

Good luck!

Old 02-18-2008, 10:07 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,124 times
Coutry Club Lakes (Hodges Blvd 32224)
The Club at Danforth (Hodges Blvd 32224)
Cape House (Hodges Blvd 32224)

*Less than 1 mile from Super Target / Super Walmart / Publix
*Near JTB & The Beach
*Sidewalk lined roads for exercise/ bike riding
*Golf coarses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville