Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 07:55 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,522,887 times

Advertisements

Jacksonville really has to be proud of this one. A female friend of mine told me about this via text. I couldn't believe it. Ms Shelby Craw has to be one of the dumbest rednecks I have ever heard about in Jacksonville history...I mean over throwing the government because of the new president? Its not even April 1st Jacksonville. WOW

Quote:
Shelby Craw of Pace Island said she believes the Constitution grants citizens the right to overthrow the government when it becomes necessary.

"We can't do it with rolling pins and pots," she said. "I'm purchasing a .38 this week."
Link: Jacksonville.com

Old 11-23-2008, 08:06 PM

727 posts, read 1,837,774 times
Did I hear Obama wants to take all guns away from gun owners? If so, is he out if his mind? I do believe we have the right to own a gun, and what not a better place to own a gun than a place like Jax (no offense all).

Old 11-23-2008, 09:31 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,465,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
Jacksonville really has to be proud of this one. A female friend of mine told me about this via text. I couldn't believe it. Ms Shelby Craw has to be one of the dumbest rednecks I have ever heard about in Jacksonville history...I mean over throwing the government because of the new president? Its not even April 1st Jacksonville. WOW

Link: Jacksonville.com
Hysterical ! Is she really the dumbest though?

Old 11-23-2008, 09:44 PM

702 posts, read 2,186,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
Did I hear Obama wants to take all guns away from gun owners? If so, is he out if his mind? I do believe we have the right to own a gun, and what not a better place to own a gun than a place like Jax (no offense all).
I wish people would get informed rather than spread partial truths. (Not speaking about any one here, just in general.) Obama is not taking our guns and Democrats are not taking Rush off the air with the Fairness Doctrine.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:02 PM

44 posts, read 162,365 times
I’m not really a political person, normally I could care less who is in charge, I have other things in life to worry about; but could we please give the man a chance before we condemn him

Old 11-24-2008, 02:17 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,031,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Is she really the dumbest though?
You really have to wonder.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:58 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
Sorry but the title of this thread is a little misleading

One person saying this does not mean "Jax citizens buy guns to overthrow Obama government!"

I found this part of the article interesting

"Mark Tushnet, a Harvard Law School professor who wrote the 2007 book Out of Range: Why the Constitution Can't End the Battle Over Guns. He told The Associated Press he thinks gun regulation is going to be a low priority for the new administration.
"Maybe the gun-show loophole will be closed, but not much else," he said.

The loophole he refers to is one that exempts the private sale of firearms from the federal background check requirement. That loophole means that in many states, including Florida, firearms can be sold at gun shows by private dealers without background checks."

If someone is buying a gun for self protection or hunting should have no fear of going through a background check.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:48 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,031,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Sorry but the title of this thread is a little misleading

One person saying this does not mean "Jax citizens buy guns to overthrow Obama government!"
Agreed, but if you spend much time in Politics and Controversies, you realize that Ms Shelby Craw is not alone. And some of the same people who are Praying For America since Nov 5th seem to be preparing for some sort of apocalyptic showdown.
I do believe that the NRA as well as the media has been helping to whip up this frenzy.
I'm hopeful that we can all move on from this, we really do have more important stuff to worry about, such as avoiding another Great Depression.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:04 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
I don't want the government to even know I have a gun. That is my business and my business alone. That is what the constitutional right to bear arms is all about. Government needs to butt out on this one and the sooner the better. Sorry, but I get all up in arms about this one.

I have seen the posters in some states say that the only people who have guns are the criminals because others obey the law. I say put the criminals in prison and leave the rest of us alone.

We have had gang activity in this area and I predict it will end soon because they will get tired of being shot when they invade a home. It should be that way.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:14 AM

702 posts, read 2,186,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I don't want the government to even know I have a gun. That is my business and my business alone. That is what the constitutional right to bear arms is all about. Government needs to butt out on this one and the sooner the better. Sorry, but I get all up in arms about this one.

I have seen the posters in some states say that the only people who have guns are the criminals because others obey the law. I say put the criminals in prison and leave the rest of us alone.

We have had gang activity in this area and I predict it will end soon because they will get tired of being shot when they invade a home. It should be that way.
So you are saying that guns should not be registered?? Wow! I would like to know who owns the gun when someone shoots and runs. What would we do about that in a world when the government and law enforcement has no idea who owns what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville