Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 07:04 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
So instead of relying on actual crime statistics you choose to focus on what someone on a message board told you about why they moved away? Another of your posts talked about you hearing of a single incident several years ago near you and based on that you find Jax "dangerous."

I hope folks reading this understand the source here.
Like I said in my last post, Jax must be (is) the safest city in the U.S. to live and absolutely great to raise a family in......just like Denver, CO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 08:58 PM

9,394 posts, read 8,360,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Like I said in my last post, Jax must be (is) the safest city in the U.S. to live and absolutely great to raise a family in......just like Denver, CO.
No need to pout, no one said that. But many of the statments made by you regarding the safety of Jacksonville are simply not accurate.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:35 PM

308 posts, read 267,346 times
Quote:
Awe, come on! Everyone in Jax knows the crime/homicide rate in Jax is high. It was even brought up earlier this year by the JSO Chief. Can't "downplay" the crime here, just like can't do that in some other cities either.

And, FYI, we aren't moving to either Denver or Aurora! We are moving to northern Colorado this time.
And, BTW, all I was doing is making a comment to the OP that they are correct. There are folks that wish they could leave Colorado, but for financial or personal reasons they can't. The same goes for Jax and Florida in general.
Everyone in Jax also knows where most of those homicides tend to happen (as stated by other posters): north and northwest Jax. Ignoring this significant geographical factor is just plain dishonest. Reading your posts makes it sound like Jax is right up there with Detroit. Jacksonville (the city) is huge. So while most of the homicides tend to be in one particular area of Jax, it does not mean everyone in Jax is living in fear for their lives.

Old 05-29-2016, 10:05 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Jacksonville not even in the top 10 most dangerous cities in Florida: Here Are The 10 Most Dangerous Towns In Florida To Live In
Hard to take this seriously :

#5. Miami and then they show a pic of another city that isn't Miami !

Old 05-30-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
No need to pout, no one said that. But many of the statments made by you regarding the safety of Jacksonville are simply not accurate.
Not "pouting", just stating what a lot of people in Jax apparently think is pretty true. So, I might as well go along with it. 😊

Old 05-30-2016, 07:03 AM

Actually, now that I think about it, for most, earning a nice salary is more important than the crime rate of a city is. I mean look at how many people live in Houston, Dallas, New York and Los Angeles.....and, no matter how much crime/homicidrs happen, continue to live there.

Guess I'd take a much smaller population and less income for a safer lifestyle.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:59 AM

308 posts, read 267,346 times
Quote:
Actually, now that I think about it, for most, earning a nice salary is more important than the crime rate of a city is. I mean look at how many people live in Houston, Dallas, New York and Los Angeles.....and, no matter how much crime/homicidrs happen, continue to live there.

Guess I'd take a much smaller population and less income for a safer lifestyle.
That's because the folks smart enough to obtain jobs that provide higher incomes are also smart enough to find safe places. Most of them realize that homicides attributed to a city doesn't mean that the entire city as a whole is a war zone.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Not "pouting", just stating what a lot of people in Jax apparently think is pretty true. So, I might as well go along with it. 😊
Another unsubstantiated statment by you. "A lot of people think is true." you have the ability to know what people think?

Old 05-30-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs1n View Post
That's because the folks smart enough to obtain jobs that provide higher incomes are also smart enough to find safe places. Most of them realize that homicides attributed to a city doesn't mean that the entire city as a whole is a war zone.
Exactly! Well said.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Exactly! Well said.
You love it here, that's entirely up to you! A number of people do, while there are those that don't, but can't afford to relocate. We've seen Jacksonville change since we moved here and, like some other cities, not all that change is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville