U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 07:52 AM

7,518 posts, read 17,688,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I provided all of this data already, yet it fell on deaf ears here (or blind eyes). No matter what facts are presented they choose to focus on their perspective, which is that their lives are in grave danger here in Jax.
I never said "we (wife/I) are in grave danger"! But, JAX, just like some other big cities in the U.S. do have crime problems!

JAX has a problem and the "1-year ago elected Major and Sheriff" were elected to do something about it. Exactly what that "something" is, who knows. But, with so many weekly homicides going on.........
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 08:37 AM

5,964 posts, read 4,299,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
6 since July 1st and 60 so far this year. Shameful.
Don't you still live in BUFFALO? Why do you insist on continuing to frequent the Jax boards to talk about our city's crime rate? Which, as was pointed out by Ivan, is actually **LOWER** than Buffalo's!

Old 07-05-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
But, JAX, just like some other big cities in the U.S. do have crime problems!
Yes, as has been re-stated ad nauseam by yourself and Thundarr, which we all already knew.

Also, to correct the statement above......"most big cities in the US" not "some."

Old 07-05-2016, 09:04 AM

So, bottom line here should be: "If it's not affecting me or my neighborhood, I don't care or want to hear about it!"

Guess that's the way everyone, in the nice/safe areas here should think.

Ok!

Old 07-05-2016, 02:22 PM

2,757 posts, read 1,464,815 times
Quote:
Guess some of us simply watch too much of the local news! I know that wife and I don't want to "bury our heads in the sand" (got-to-say) about what's going on in Jacksonville, but to hear about about all these murders, can really get depressing and make a person wonder "what the "H" is going on around he?"

A lot of folks here think JAX is "the greatest place to live in the U.S.", but then again people who live in NYC and L.A. think the same with, even with all the crime/ homicides they get.
New York City is actually one of the safer big cities in the country. It's one of the only major cities that has a crime rate that's the below average by any cities standards, not just the big one's. But you do hear about murders every night there on the news, because so many people live there. There's more murders there than in most cities, but adjusting for population it's really not that bad.

Old 07-05-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
So, bottom line here should be: "If it's not affecting me or my neighborhood, I don't care or want to hear about it!"

Guess that's the way everyone, in the nice/safe areas here should think.

Ok!
I think we've already been down this road before....however, nobody said that. Those of us with reason are simply predicating these tales of gloom and doom with facts regarding the homicides here. If you are a gang-banger out and about in the wee hours of the nights in some of the seedier parts of northern/western Jacksonville you are, indeed, in harm's way. Please take caution.

For the other 99.999999999999% of the population we're all juuuuuuust fine.

Also note for anyone else reading this, LoveBoating is moving away from Jax and has been bashing our city for months now (when the HELL are you moving, btw???). Thundarr doesn't even live here and bases his info on news headlines. So please consider the sources.

Old 07-05-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I think we've already been down this road before....however, nobody said that. Those of us with reason are simply predicating these tales of gloom and doom with facts regarding the homicides here. If you are a gang-banger out and about in the wee hours of the nights in some of the seedier parts of northern/western Jacksonville you are, indeed, in harm's way. Please take caution.

For the other 99.999999999999% of the population we're all juuuuuuust fine.

Also note for anyone else reading this, LoveBoating is moving away from Jax and has been bashing our city for months now (when the HELL are you moving, btw???). Thundarr doesn't even live here and bases his info on news headlines. So please consider the sources.
"Bashing" Jacksonville, no-no-no! You love JAX, I'm not against that! Basically, the crime here is terrible and that has been well talked about in the media as well as by some elected officials, including the Sheriff himself. If you want to downplay the crime stats here downplay just how hot and sweaty humid it gets here, that's your thing. You keep saying these homicides/crime is from gangs here, well, not all of it is.

Actually I've had enough of this Thread, you can bash someone else now, that doesn't agree with you!

Old 07-05-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
6 since July 1st and 60 so far this year. Shameful.
Watch it, Some here will say "you are out of your mind. Jacksonville is totally safe."

All I can say now is.....whatever!

Oh, I said I was leaving this Thread.......BYE!!

Old 07-05-2016, 03:48 PM

Again, when are you moving to CO? Anxious to hear.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Again, when are you moving to CO? Anxious to hear.
Sorry, no more posts to this Thread! All done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville