Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:40 AM

287 posts, read 502,963 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Jolly. Don't show your gun is an interesting shop sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 01:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,557 times
Yes, Houston an Jacksonville have city similarities, Their both the most populated cities in their states. They share about the same climate of every seasons. They both share the same interstate with i-10. They both have same alike with bayou and some palm trees in their cities. Both beaches are over a bridge onto an island off the coast, Houston's beach is in Galveston.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:57 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominax View Post
Yes, Houston an Jacksonville have city similarities, Their both the most populated cities in their states. They share about the same climate of every seasons. They both share the same interstate with i-10. They both have same alike with bayou and some palm trees in their cities. Both beaches are over a bridge onto an island off the coast, Houston's beach is in Galveston.
Toss a quarter on a big map...east of the Mississippi, go to Jax. West, take Houston. I did that 29 yrs ago and ended up in Charlotte, NC...vs Dallas, TX. It was a GREAT place to raise a fine son and chill from the 80s in Miami, FL. I have spent much time in both Houston and Jax, too...along those past 29 yrs. They both remind me of Miami in the 70s (family oriented, expansive drives, lots of highways to get places). I'm on my planning to retire in Jax now. Maybe we will cross paths...good luck!

Old 01-29-2015, 11:11 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,339,395 times
Houston and Jacksonville are very similar, They are both the most populated cities in their states. They share about the same climate for every seasons. They both share the same interstate. (I-10) They both have some palm trees, and a major commercial marine presence. Jacksonville has way better beaches and access to them. But Houston has better dining experiences and nightlife by far. Jacksonville is a bigger city (area wise) it's about 1/3 larger 874.60 to 627.80 sq miles. Houston's population is 2&1/2 times larger than Jacksonville's, with 2.2 million to 845,000 people. Houston's urban core right now is way more vibrant and much larger than Jacksonville's is. Houston has a much better professional sports presence with teams in every major professional sport except the National Hockey League, including the Houston Astros (MLB), Houston Texans (NFL), Houston Rockets (NBA), and Houston Dynamo (MLS), Houston Dash (NWSL). Jacksonville has the Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL) Jacksonville Giants (ABA) Jacksonville Suns (minor league baseball) Jacksonville Armada FC (NASL) Jacksonville Sharks (Arena Football League)Jacksonville Axemen (USA Rugby League) but Jacksonville has the unofficial 5th Golf Major with The Player Championship while Houston just has the regular tour stop the Houston Open.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:21 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,159,612 times
The person who asked this 7 years ago will greatly appreciate these thoughtful responses!

Old 01-29-2015, 11:35 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,339,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
The person who asked this 7 years ago will greatly appreciate these thoughtful responses!
Doubtful, but maybe some other person on CD will.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:46 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,418 times
Quote:
BUT, hopefully these current answers will help some other family make the right move for them! City-Data...not any rules about bringing old posts back to life!
I am getting ready to move OUT of Charlotte, NC...the minute my son finishes college. I have 'utilized' it to our benefit for 29 yrs and have participated in the growing of several Community Watches in 3 different counties. It was a great place to raise a fine son, after exiting the Wild West and Cocaine Cowboys of Miami, FL in 1986. There is nothing left here for me. I have 'gypsy blood' somewhere in my Cuban-American genes and need the beach smell, breezes again to feel alive. I have been back and forth to Jax, OP, Fernandina since 1998 and have watched it grow some, but not too much. The day to day weather is almost EXACT what it is here in Charlotte, NC but Jax doesn't have snow and the humidity is a tad more, but still not what it is south of Orlando.
So the THREAD may be eons old but I am retired and can still READ and anything new someone adds helps me know what neighborhoods are 'revitalizing' now that were 'not so hot ones' even 15+ yrs ago when I made my first trip to Jax.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:24 PM

531 posts, read 1,428,125 times
Quote:
I greatly appreciate these new responses.

Signed, someone who's researching Jax in 2015
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville