Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:04 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,129,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguytiredofNEbs View Post
Well im moving down to Jacksonville, FL in 3 weeks near COLLEGE PARK, i heard this is a real nice area and people r very friendly, is this true?? Im a 32 yr old white guy and would like sum input thanks.B][/b]
Not familiar with Collage Park, but I think you'll like this blog:

http://www.urbanjacksonville.info/

There are a couple more for the urban core. they are referenced on urbanjax.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:38 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,091,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestJax View Post
why are you always slamming the westside? i live off of 103rd and its not as bad as the Northside. thats where all the homicides takes place. ive never heard of 117th unless you mean the 118th/Jammes Rd./Morris Ave.area. lets not talk about 45th. on the Northside of town. wasnt there like 3 murders over there in one day last year?
Those 3 murders most likely happened in NW Jacksonville. As a whole, Northside is relatively safe. True, there have been a few murders/shootings that have made headlines in North Jacksonville, but in general Northside sees nowhere near the level of violence of Westside. I don't know what 103rd you stay on but the folk I know over in that area say 103rd and the blocks surrounding it are nothing nice. These are the following spots to avoid in Northside:

Moncrief Rd.
Wilson Rd.
45th St.
Myrtle Ave.
Riverview (NW)-3rd Ave. off Lem Turner: this has been a problem area for years.
Division

The above spots are where most of the crime goes down. As stated before, on the whole N. Side Jax is relatively safe.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizliz0925 View Post
FYI, Orlando has a higher crime rate than Jacksonville in most all catergories.
you just told a big lie cause I looked on crimes in Jacksonville and crimes in Orlando and we higher then them in almost everything so how you just gone sit there and tell a lie

Old 06-19-2007, 12:40 PM

200 posts, read 616,108 times
JSO's website is an excellent resource. I always give that to my customers who are considering moving in an area that they aren't that familiar with. You can enter an address and it will give you the crime stats for that area.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:20 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,150,573 times
I keep seeing people compare Orlandos crime rate to Jacksonvilles crime rate. I know that Orlandos crime rate has gone up ALOT recently, but I figured that because Jacksonville is a larger city it would have more crime. So, I looked up Jacksonvilles crime rate and Orlandos crime rate.. this is what I found and I found it pretty interesting...

Orlando and Jacksonville Comparative Crime Ratios per 100,000 People
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Jacksonville

Orlando

I was born and raised in Jacksonville FL.. I have lived there for all but 2 years of my life and I have never once been a victim of any kind of crime in Jacksonville. I lived on the west side off of Casset Ave. in Murray Hill for most of my childhood, I have lived on the south side, the north side and in Orange Park. Right now my husband and I are living in Palm Coast FL (We HATE it here! Moving here was the worst mistake we could have made!), we have been here for 2 years and we just recently got robbed. We will be moving back to Jacksonville within a year and I cant wait to get back home!!

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2008 at 06:04 AM..

Old 06-19-2007, 09:50 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,186,024 times
orlando's murders have doubled since that report. jax boy, on a per capita basis, i believe orlando's crime is worse in many aspects.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:10 AM

80 posts, read 294,160 times
Default crime no diff here

I'm from St. Louis, MO and currently reside there as well and I can tell you that the crime statistics can be quite misleading if you are reading them for a city as a whole. Anyone looking to move to St. Louis would be literally, horified at the stats that we have. However, with that said, I live on the south side of town and have never had a problem with any bit of crime other than maybe some kids breaking into my car. It's truly WHERE you live whether it be St. Louis or JAX that determines how vulnerable you are going to be. Don't go by stats alone.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:46 PM

25 posts, read 175,476 times
that report shows u that if orlando population was higher it would be worse.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:20 AM

13 posts, read 56,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
I keep seeing people compare Orlandos crime rate to Jacksonvilles crime rate. I know that Orlandos crime rate has gone up ALOT recently, but I figured that because Jacksonville is a larger city it would have more crime. So, I looked up Jacksonvilles crime rate and Orlandos crime rate.. this is what I found and I found it pretty interesting...

Orlando and Jacksonville Comparative Crime Ratios per 100,000 People

Jacksonville

Orlando

I was born and raised in Jacksonville FL.. I have lived there for all but 2 years of my life and I have never once been a victim of any kind of crime in Jacksonville. I lived on the west side off of Casset Ave. in Murray Hill for most of my childhood, I have lived on the south side, the north side and in Orange Park. Right now my husband and I are living in Palm Coast FL (We HATE it here! Moving here was the worst mistake we could have made!), we have been here for 2 years and we just recently got robbed. We will be moving back to Jacksonville within a year and I cant wait to get back home!!

If you think west palm beach is bad look at this

Actual Reported Population and Crimes:

Palm Beach,FL Jacksonville, FL
Population: 10,083 795,259
Murder: 0 91
Forcible Rape: 0 189
Robbery: 3 2253
Aggravated Assault: 7 4067
Burglary: 19 8998
Larceny Theft: 151 29583
Vehicle Theft: 15 4936

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2008 at 06:03 AM..

Old 06-21-2007, 01:34 AM

13 posts, read 56,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestJax View Post
I AGREE! matter of fact Paxon High School and Stanton High were both in the top 3 of the nation at one time!!!! Stanton #1 Paxon #3.....

BUT also u got to look at the worst schools. Raines High School and Ribault High are in the bottom of the list in the State of Florida.....what side of town are these schools on???? uh NORTHSIDE.
are you from westjax
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville