Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2017, 01:06 PM

18 posts, read 18,595 times

Advertisements

Best time to visit I know, but I will be in Jax from March 19-24th. Trying to get a feel for the place before actually relocating. I talk like I am made out of money, but I am not. I am seriously the only income in a family of 5, only making $28-34k per year, depending on how many hours of overtime. Anyway, I am trying to see where the most affordable hotels or motels are for this length of time?

From Wichita, KS to Jacksonville, FL it is said to be about 19 hours to get there and will run me about $400 max in gas to get there (given the gas prices are around $2.33/gal), drive around for the week, and get home. I have googled my heart out and it just seems that there is nothing for a family of five out there. I have $1000 to work with and am not looking to stay right on the beach, I want to stay within the city.

I do not mean to be rude, but please keep the negativity to oneself. I understand it is a little unrealistic to make such a trip with so little money. I am not visiting for the thrill of Spring Break. This is strictly to see if uprooting my family and moving them so far away from "home" will be a good idea. If I could afford to live in MIA, FLL, Or Miramar I would transfer my job of five years with Royal Caribbean/Celebrity Cruises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 01:58 PM

7,776 posts, read 10,115,738 times
airbnb

good luck with your visit!!

Old 03-10-2017, 04:09 PM

Thank you , I will check that site out.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:57 PM

542 posts, read 697,994 times
If you are coming to check the place out for a potential move? Why is everyone coming? That seems to be what your implying.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarpeg View Post
If you are coming to check the place out for a potential move? Why is everyone coming? That seems to be what your implying.

This was also a spring break for the family, why not make it a family trip? One, I may have loved it and they hate it to the fullest or vice versa.

Already made the trip and we all felt more home there than here in KS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville