Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2017, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,354 times

Advertisements

We are looking to relocate to Jacksonville. We would like to buy a house immediately, versus rent.

My daughter is going into 6th grade next year. We are moving from a great school district in St. Louis, Missouri.

Unfortunately with it being so close to the end of the school year I can't tour the schools I wanted to.

Does anyone have any feedback regarding these schools?

- Fruit Cove Middle School
- Switzerland Point
- Pacetti Bay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 11:23 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,788,582 times
I think they're all very similar. They will follow the same curriculum.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:08 AM

44 posts, read 56,632 times
I'd focus more on which high school you'd want her in after middle school - I believe you'll have at least two, maybe three, different high schools from those middle school options. Not that any of those high schools would be bad, but it could impact driving/bussing and may change your opinion for house location, etc. as a result.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:00 AM

36 posts, read 53,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairedj View Post
We are looking to relocate to Jacksonville. We would like to buy a house immediately, versus rent.

My daughter is going into 6th grade next year. We are moving from a great school district in St. Louis, Missouri.

Unfortunately with it being so close to the end of the school year I can't tour the schools I wanted to.

Does anyone have any feedback regarding these schools?

- Fruit Cove Middle School
- Switzerland Point
- Pacetti Bay
I'm no help but want to follow what advice is given on here! We're looking at moving from STL as well next summer when our daughter will be going into 6th grade :-)

Old 06-28-2017, 04:37 PM

11 posts, read 15,816 times
I would like to know about these as well. I am moving my family there and my son is in the 6th grade. My daughter will be in the 5th grade and I have been given lots of great recommendations for Julington Creek so I am thinking the middle school (Fruit Cove) should be just as great.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:19 AM

222 posts, read 425,621 times
Default Keep in mind....

The 3 schools you inquired about are similar. I recommend not getting too hung up on specific schools, particularly at the elementary and middle school level, because as the northern part of St. Johns County continues to grow the district is all but certain to rezone students. There are at least 3 new K-8 schools opening over the next 2 years as well which will require rezoning. Also, while rezoning the kids sounds scary and is not ideal, kids seem to do very well with it. My family has lived at the same address for 7 years now and as a result of population growth and school overcrowding between our 2 children they have attended 2 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, one K-8 and one high school. They did fine, as did all of their neighborhood friends.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:41 PM

272 posts, read 1,001,204 times
Our daughter spent 2 years at Fruit Cove Middle and loved it. You really can't go wrong with Fruit Cove, Swuss Point or the K-8 schools, Patriot Oaks or Liberty Pines. They will feed to Creekside HS or Batram Trail HS, which are great schools as well.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:30 PM

213 posts, read 315,046 times
My sons were at all three of those schools at various times. I agree with others who say they are all good, as are the others in the area. I suggest focusing on they neighborhood and house you like best because the schools will be a non-issue.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:23 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,505,261 times
agree with the comments in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville