Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2017, 03:22 PM

203 posts, read 310,559 times

Advertisements

Is this beach family friendly and safe? What beaches do most people who live in St. John's go to? Are there any nice high end resorts in Jax Beach or surrounding beaches?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 03:41 PM

7,777 posts, read 10,156,636 times
I'm not a beach expert so take my comments fwiw,

1) Yes. Family friendly and safe. PVB definitely, Neptune as well. Atlantic Beach is perhaps a bit less safe up towards Mayport, and Jax Beach is a bit less family-friendly.

2) Probably PVB down to Mickler's Landing. (Which may technically all be PVB lol I don't know)

3) Yes. Marriott at Sawgrass, Ponte Vedra Inn, and One Ocean (at Neptune and Atlantic) come to mind. There are probably a few others.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:57 PM

3,234 posts, read 3,191,046 times
We love love love Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park on Atlantic Beach. Gorgeous beach and park. Very family friendly and we have felt very safe. We actually live in Alachua County & drive up for the weekend, especially during the summer.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:08 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,670,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelma123 View Post
Is this beach family friendly and safe? What beaches do most people who live in St. John's go to? Are there any nice high end resorts in Jax Beach or surrounding beaches?
Jax Beach is fine. I lived in North PVB and typically rode my bike up to the 37th street bike access or drove there and parked. It is very quiet in that area. Atlantic Beach is also quite nice. However, I would go in any area depending on the time of day as I worked off Beach Blvd and liked do walk on the beach for exercise and really it would just depend on the mood I had as to where I went.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:14 PM

203 posts, read 310,559 times
Any good beach restaurant recommendations we should try on Jax Beach on our upcoming trip? We are not huge seafood eaters but are looking for somewhere with decent food and good atmosphere or view, maybe on the water or beach?

Old 08-01-2017, 11:53 PM

681 posts, read 1,045,294 times
good question, I lived in Daytona Beach for nearly 7 years and was told to avoid the beaches at night due to crime, is Jax beach like that to?

Old 08-02-2017, 08:01 AM

661 posts, read 866,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualErik View Post
good question, I lived in Daytona Beach for nearly 7 years and was told to avoid the beaches at night due to crime, is Jax beach like that to?
Mainly in the heart of Jax beach. Bars, heavy drinking, a few vagrants. North of there (Neptune Beach, Atlantic Beach) and South (South Jax Beach) it is safe at night as it's more residential. Not like Daytona where it's miles of condos. I don't feel unsafe in Daytona beach though either when I visit each year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville