Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Family with three children relocating to Jacksonville, information on; schools, family friendly neighborhoods, close to beach, Heritage Landing area, cost of living

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 11:15 AM

11 posts, read 26,992 times

Advertisements

Heritage Landing is the area my husband and I are considering but we have only seen it online. Can you give me a little more insight as far as distance to shoppimg traffic to Jax, Homeowners association fees, schools , lot sizes, anything you can tell me. I have been dyeing to pick someones brain that lives there. It is so hard to get a feel for the area without seeing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 09:42 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,017 times
Heritage Landing was our choice primarily because of the schools. Secondly, it has a slightly more natural feel and rustic feel. It's not so "country club" as some other developments. Also, the price range and demographic is more homogonous throughout ranging from about 200,000 to $450,000.

The lot sizes are 60, 70, and 80 ft by about 100 to 150ft. There is one enclave in the back which is gated,the rest is not. There are 2 pools, which can get pretty crowded but they are well maintained and the highlight of the community.

It's a safe community. I haven't heard of much violent crime, but there has been more vandalism than I would have expected. Recently, there's been an increase in property damage, mostly in vacant houses. I know that there are a number of vacated properties in all of the larger communities right now with the market the way it is. With that, there has been a decline in property values and some properties are not being maintained as well.

I don't want to steer you away from checking it out, but you should consider the good with the bad. It's definately a family community, with a swim team, soccer team, yoga classes, tennis lessons, and more. I haven't been disappointed with the social aspects offered. That said, the HOA and CDD combined are about $2,600 annually, so I'd better be satisfied

Shopping, or lack there of, isn't really a big issue IMO. It takes 15 mins to the Outlet Mall, 10 to Publix and about 30 to The Avenues. A new CVS will be opening next month nearby and much more is on the way. Also downtown St. Augustine is 25 mins. from here.

Traffic isn't bad either. It takes longer for people commuting from the 210 area or Clay County to downtown Jax (during rush hour) than it does from Heritage Landing because those areas have more traffic/congestion leading up to I95. Once Rivertown is complete, traffic will surely increase, but St. Rd. 16 is supposed to be 4 laned before that happens.

O.K. enough rambling from me. If you have any other questions I'll be happy to try to answer them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville