Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2008, 02:35 AM

4 posts, read 10,787 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am no where near florida and really need help in knowing close places to look for cheap summer apt near vistakon. what are some places I could look into? what are some names of near by towns that i could search on craigslist for?
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 07:20 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Is this Vistacon in Deerwood? Maybe you can provide an address so we know where you need to be?

If you only need a rental for a few months, you may want to look into an extended stay business hotel.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:38 PM

4 posts, read 10,787 times
Hi,
This is the address
7500 Centurion Pkwy.
Jacksonville, FL , 32256

Thanks a lot for anyone's input!

Old 03-23-2008, 08:33 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoctobe View Post
Hi,
This is the address
7500 Centurion Pkwy.
Jacksonville, FL , 32256

Thanks a lot for anyone's input!
Yup, Deerwood . You can stay right in the area, right in the 32256 zip - it's safe and it's nice.

When you search, look for keywords like: Deerwood and Baymeadows. Just about any apartment complex in this area (32256) will be okay, you can just choose the complex that suits you best.

Here's an older discussion we had about your same question (place to live near Vistakon):

//www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...tram-park.html

Old 03-23-2008, 09:15 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,038 times
I passed a new development called Atlantic Crossing. They are accepting applications, as they open soon. Deerwood in general is a very nice area, close to shopping, restaurants, healthcare, and most importantly beach! We will actually be work neighbors. Our complex is a three building campus called Capitol Plaza. Vistakon is the building on the left, Wachovia is the building in the middle (my building), and Bank of America is the building on the right. Only downside is rush hour traffic. Deerwood is only two way at the Gate Pkwy exit. It is no exaggeration for it to take around 20mins just to get onto Gate Pkwy after work or during lunch.

Atlantic Crossing | Welcome

Old 03-24-2008, 01:22 AM

71 posts, read 287,764 times
I think you're going to have to stick with places like Craig's List sublet/temporary section (or the hotel riveree mentioned) since you're only going to be in Jax for 4 months...

You might also want to search for Tinseltown on Craig's List -sometimes they put that (movie theater) in their ads too. Not sure how cheap you mean, but I did notice that the Deerwood/Baymeadows places tended to be a little cheaper (at least for the space you get) and a little older than some of the ones right at Tinseltown. I was just down a couple weeks ago looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: