Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 08:44 AM

318 posts, read 467,105 times

Advertisements

My spouse LOVES 2 houses in the neighborhood, and I think we might make an offer on one. the lots are pretty big on some of the streets.

I've read a lot of mixed reviews on this neighborhood and am conflicted... we saw great houses on teeny tiny lots up in St. Johns area and in Mandarain... where the trees and vegetation were taking over. This neighborhood looks so fresh and neat and orderly, that is very appealing.

Many people here on CD says it is far from everything, but it does not seem like that to me. There is a grocery store right there, and you are about 5 min. from Rte. 95,
20-25 min to the St. Augustine downtown.

We also looked at Windward Ranch - that was far and it felt like it was built on a swamp
and Grand Lake - REALLY far away

And some houses in St. Johns that were off of Longleaf Pines, seemed like we were driving forever to see a shopping center.

Comments and thoughts on Murabella? Livable? Boring out there?

I was thinking that growth would catch up on the next 5-10 years out there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 12:50 PM

9,382 posts, read 8,354,011 times
I don't think Murabella will be so far away from everything once Durbin Park is developed. That will be one short exit away up 95N and that will have tons of shopping, food and entertainment. But currently......yes.....just not much out there other than a grocery story, a gas station and the WGV shoppes.

The same holds true with the homes off of Longleaf, they will be minutes away from Durbin Park so if you're thinking long-term I wouldn't cross those off your list either.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:40 PM

104 posts, read 122,487 times
I live in the area and love it. And as you've mentioned we have several stores right here. I think it it all depends on where you are from. If you lived in a very populated area and were used to the big box stores right around the corner then you might think we are far from everything. On the other hand if you are from a rural area this area is wonderful.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:51 PM

9,382 posts, read 8,354,011 times
The poster above is correct. And once you live in/around Jax you come to realize everything is a good distance away as Jax is enormous. Personally if I'm in traffic for more than 20-30 minutes I turn into a bear so I try and minimize my longer trips where I can and trek out to places like the SJ Town Center or St Augustine well away from rush hour.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:09 PM

318 posts, read 467,105 times
We don't mind a 20-30 minute drive in the car. We have been to SJC, and that is total traffic insanity. I would shop online or plan an occasional trip there early in the day when there was no traffic. There is no Macy's around town unfortunately.... :-(

Didn't feel like 20-30 in to downtown St. Augustine was a horrible trip for us.

Liked that the grocery store and other little conveniences are right there!!! The last house we owned was about 9 miles from the grocery store. I will never make that mistake again.

Really appreciate the insights folks - please keep them coming.

Old 08-07-2017, 06:59 PM

6,409 posts, read 4,905,721 times
Its up to you. Its really far from everything. I thought Palencia was far away and this is another 15 minutes. Its far from Jax and far from the ocean. 30 minutes from SJTC. Not sure when you were at SJTC but I have never found the traffic to be all that bad. 25 minutes from the beach. The World Golf Village is a ghost town. The only thing left is the Murray Brothers Caddyshack. If driving 30 minutes to go anywhere doesn't bother you than by all means. We all have differing viewpoints but in the end the decision is yours.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:56 AM

14 posts, read 10,205 times
We bought in Gran Lake . Just down the street. The CDD fee was just raised in Murabella and that was a negative for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: