Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 07:36 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,122,662 times

Advertisements

I know some of you have been wondering why Robyn55 hasn't posted since December 2016. Sadly, I recently learned of her passing in early August.

I've gone back and forth about posting this since I'm personally not close to her in anyway outside of several private message conversations we had but I felt that some of you would want to know. Last time I heard from her was back in February of this year when she indicated that she wasn't doing well and had been diagnosed with an illness (I'll leave it at that). I messaged her several months ago to see how she was doing but never heard back.

I know for myself that her contributions to this forum helped our family tremendously when we were considering our move to Ponte Vedra Beach back in 2015. As most of you know, she always had a lot to say in a lawyer kind of way (which she was - Harvard Law School) and I didn't quite see eye to eye with her on various topics. I know many of you had your disagreements with Robyn as well but to me, it seemed like she was never combative in her responses. She was a straight shooter that wasn't backing down from her opinion.

At the end of the day, she came to this forum as many of us do to help those seeking answers about Jacksonville and its surrounding areas. Right or wrong, she gave everyone thorough answers no matter how trivial the questions were and was a tremendous resource for those new to the area.

She was a "$500 Winner" in City-Data and I think she deserved every penny of it. God knows she posted enough and wrote a book with each and every response! She will be missed. RIP Robyn55
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 07:54 PM

7,773 posts, read 10,059,682 times
Thanks for sharing, Ivan. I have wondered about her from time to time and although she drove me nuts on a few occasions I am of course sad to hear this news.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:06 PM

655 posts, read 850,537 times
This is sad news. Thanks for sharing Ivan. I grew up here and never knew of this forum until i was house hunting in 2016. Robyn55 was a constant help for so many people here. I am no longer house hunting but find myself checking the forum once a day or so. Prayers out to her family and all her PVB neighbors.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:07 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,767,624 times
RIP to Robyn from me also. I disagreed with her at times, but give her credit for being honest and direct. I'm sure she was a good lawyer with those qualities.

Hope her husband is doing well.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:15 PM

71 posts, read 117,693 times
Thanks Ivan. I don't know about anyone else but I would have happily been her next door neighbor. She was a great resource to this forum. We also had many PM's since we traveled to the same places. She could hold her on any given subject! Funny how this place is sort of like a tribe...when we help someone it seems to come back in bunches. Robyn did a lot of helping and I'm sorry that we couldn't be there for her. RIP Robyn.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:21 PM

3,141 posts, read 3,091,057 times
Condolences to Robyn's family and friends. When we were looking at PVB, her posts were so helpful. Yes, some of her responses were lawyerly, but she had the courage of her opinions and never backed down from a debate and remained courteous and civilized.

We can't, and don't, always agree, but even in our disagreements, it was nice to see someone like Robyn who remained respectful of others. In that sense, she was, and remains, a wonderful role model for us on C-D forum.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:29 AM

306 posts, read 350,242 times
Very sad news indeed. Robyn was instrumental in helping me understand the workings of the Mayo Clinic. She shared many stories of both her father and husband pertaining to medical care in the Jax area. And was very generous with her time as we PM'd extensively over different issues.

RIP Robyn

Old 08-22-2017, 06:15 AM

410 posts, read 598,098 times
Thanks for posting Ivan. I looked up her Obit...it was short (unlike most of her posts on here!).

I enjoyed reading Robyn's posts and would often wonder what happened to her when she would disappear from the forum for months at a time. As a Jax transplant several years ago, I found her posts helpful and informative in gaining a better understanding of my new city. Best wishes to Robyn's family.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:11 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,204,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
She will be missed. RIP Robyn55
Thanks for informing us. I rarely visit Jacksonville subforum but saw her screen name in the subject line and recall several interesting, informative, helpful posts. Jacksonville is one of my favorite places to visit from Tampa and I learned a lot about the area from her. Seemed like a very caring, helpful person. Sorry about her passing.

Old 08-22-2017, 09:18 AM

6,276 posts, read 4,758,955 times
This was indeed sad, but not unexpected news. We had many fun conversations on here. Our forum will not be the same without her. RIP Robyn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville