Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 12:35 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,151,144 times

Advertisements

A family that recently moved here from NY is fishing in our development's retention pond and presumably eating the bigmouth bass or whatever they're catching. I saw the father with his kids walk back home with a bag full of fish and fishing poles.

I was very tempted to tell him that these ponds have all kinds of pollutants (fertilizer, pesticides etc.) but I decided to mind my own business and kept my mouth shut. May have the board send out an e-mail or put up signs warning people to not eat the fish they catch in these ponds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 09:43 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,360,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
A family that recently moved here from NY is fishing in our development's retention pond and presumably eating the bigmouth bass or whatever they're catching. I saw the father with his kids walk back home with a bag full of fish and fishing poles.

I was very tempted to tell him that these ponds have all kinds of pollutants (fertilizer, pesticides etc.) but I decided to mind my own business and kept my mouth shut. May have the board send out an e-mail or put up signs warning people to not eat the fish they catch in these ponds.
Don't bother. Darwinism will take these folks out of the gene pool.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:56 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,006,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JxsonBound View Post
Thanks. That makes us feel better. What about alligators being in them?

Honestly down here, you should treat any body of water as if there is the possibility of wildlife in it. Better to be safe then sorry...and they were here first

Old 11-09-2017, 08:34 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Thanks. That makes us feel better. What about alligators being in them?
Where we are moving they drag nets through the ponds regularly to catch any gators that may have gotten in them and take them out. No one has had a problem. Plus Gators are not aggressive and will leave you alone if you leave them alone. Now children being small can be seen as a meal, so they need to be careful.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:19 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,246,575 times
Quote:
Great!!!! I'll have to hide this reply from my wife
Don't worry about the gators. Worry about the water moccasins, rattle snakes, black widow spiders, brown recluse spiders, banana spiders and so forth. At least the gators you can see coming for the most part.

SS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville