U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 06:03 AM

4,951 posts, read 3,504,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrainoff View Post
And your point is...
Yeah, I don't get the rant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 12:43 PM

3,877 posts, read 2,834,612 times
Yeah, I apologize for the rant lol it just sounds stupid to me that people think its weird that people don't know how to drive in snow in a place where it normally doesn't snow.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:23 PM

4,951 posts, read 3,504,360 times
People who drive in snow don't know how to drive in snow either. Generally, 95% of the population are morons and Florida is no different.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:52 PM

7,470 posts, read 17,183,051 times
Well, we definitely know how to drive in snow, but then again, due to our age, going on 70, we're not "speed freaks" in rain or snow. Both of our vehicles have All-Terrain tires and 4-wheel drive, from when we lived in Colorado. Never had a problem driving there.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:56 PM

70 posts, read 49,532 times
Last year I had a long commute in Chicago area, which had me worried, and it never snowed during the drive all winter.

I look forward to living in Florida where I don't really need to worry about snow. Winter really sux.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackup3 View Post
Last year I had a long commute in Chicago area, which had me worried, and it never snowed during the drive all winter.

I look forward to living in Florida where I don't really need to worry about snow. Winter really sux.
I really don't know about your "winter really sux". There are tons of people across the U.S. that live, and survive, in "Snowbelt" areas. We did for 5 1/2 years and are going back.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:37 PM

70 posts, read 49,532 times
Default To each his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
I really don't know about your "winter really sux". There are tons of people across the U.S. that live, and survive, in "Snowbelt" areas. We did for 5 1/2 years and are going back.
Sure, the grass is always greener on the other side. We've just had a cold snap for the last few weeks and it becomes a chore just to go outside and check the mailbox it's so cold. You find yourself not doing a lot of normal things because of the cold.

But it seems like you are ready for some more winter, and if it makes you happy, that is great. I wish you only the best.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:32 PM

6,446 posts, read 3,891,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tackup3 View Post
Sure, the grass is always greener on the other side. We've just had a cold snap for the last few weeks and it becomes a chore just to go outside and check the mailbox it's so cold. You find yourself not doing a lot of normal things because of the cold.

But it seems like you are ready for some more winter, and if it makes you happy, that is great. I wish you only the best.

Its kind of annoying when taking the trash to the curb if you aren't wearing gloves but its not that big a deal. It's -4 out and I was out taking a video with my phone earlier, no gloves. Not the worst thing in the world. Better than sticky humid weather that lasts past Halloween, IMO.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:35 PM

6,446 posts, read 3,891,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post

The roads here are always fine. Even if we get a storm, the plows are out and about as soon as possible. Lately we haven't gotten more than an inch snowfalls. Not even a need to plow as the traffic melts the snow from the roads. Granted where I live isn't the snowbelt as we don't get lake effect, we just get bitter arctic cold for a few weeks on and off. At least we have white Christmases and 4 seasons. Wouldn't move back to FL for anything

Old 01-05-2018, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
The roads here are always fine. Even if we get a storm, the plows are out and about as soon as possible. Lately we haven't gotten more than an inch snowfalls. Not even a need to plow as the traffic melts the snow from the roads. Granted where I live isn't the snowbelt as we don't get lake effect, we just get bitter arctic cold for a few weeks on and off. At least we have white Christmases and 4 seasons. Wouldn't move back to FL for anything
"Wouldn't move back to Florida for anything". Why did you leave Florida? We don't think so, but many in Florida, or even Jacksonville, think the State and city are "Utopia"........best city and State in the entire U.S..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville