U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 02:12 PM

196 posts, read 226,611 times

Advertisements

I read an article the are building a large shopping center on 210 where it meets Greenbriar Rd. Anyone see this area recently? Have they started building? I am curious what businesses will come in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 06:11 AM

5,199 posts, read 3,646,854 times
I live in the area and haven't heard this. There is a parcel of land across from Publix on 210 that is being developed and another parcel down the road a ways towards Greenbriar that rumors have it will be a Chik-Fil-A, but nothing concrete yet.

Old 02-08-2018, 04:41 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,487,841 times
The land across from the publix on 210 should be left alone. That area is already congested enough. Plus what else can you out on 210 ? You have your multiple fast food places, a publix and a winn-Dixie. When is enough enough ?

Old 02-09-2018, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
The land across from the publix on 210 should be left alone. That area is already congested enough. Plus what else can you out on 210 ? You have your multiple fast food places, a publix and a winn-Dixie. When is enough enough ?
I agree and would strongly encourage you and anyone else in the area to consider your vote come November with respect to County Commissioner, Jimmy Johns (yes, that's his real name). He seems to be the one in favor of expansion at any cost. He and the other county commissioners recently approved yet another 999 homes off of SR-16 to also include retail. Although in this instance I believe they required the developer to front the money for road expansion prior to building the project, which is how it should have been done years ago around here vs. playing catch up after the build outs.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:37 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,487,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I agree and would strongly encourage you and anyone else in the area to consider your vote come November with respect to County Commissioner, Jimmy Johns (yes, that's his real name). He seems to be the one in favor of expansion at any cost. He and the other county commissioners recently approved yet another 999 homes off of SR-16 to also include retail. Although in this instance I believe they required the developer to front the money for road expansion prior to building the project, which is how it should have been done years ago around here vs. playing catch up after the build outs.

Funny you mention this, because since ive been here all I see is Johns tour every project, strip mall, project . Another clown who doesn’t know how to say “No”. I might have even email him earlier last summer about one of these projects and of course he didn’t write back.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:27 AM

110 posts, read 90,156 times
I agree! Our schools are going to pay for this for decades with over crowding! Another 6,000+ homes in Nocatee, several thousand more in the WGV area and surrounding plus the 210 corridor from Philips all the way to 13 is insane. Schools can't keep up and home prices are inflated. Plus the traffic flow issues. I never understood why they did not make the big developers like PARC (nocatee) mandated to connect their developments directly to JTB instead of proposing expansion of A1A. It is the bridge that is the main back up issue and now long term beach residents have to pay for it because the developers were never forced to build the road that was proposed in the late 90s?!?!? It was supposed to go from the north side of Nocatee (off Palm Valley, north of 20 Mile) to JTB - this county has got some weird way of approving what is not good for the long term!

Old 02-19-2018, 02:26 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,364,253 times
Recently there was a poll/survey that was conducted for Palm Valley residents in PVB to guage our interest in widening Palm Valley road (2 lanes to 4) from the intercoastal to the circle at Micklers Rd, install traffic lights and get rid of the circle altogether, widen Mickler’s to 4 lanes, add 2 more lanes to A1A etc.

I voted no to most of the proposals as did the majority of those that submitted the survey. I almost want the traffic situation to get so bad here that no one comes this way anymore (as Yogi Berra once said, “no one goes there anymore, it’s too crowded”). Probably isn’t the right answer but that’s how I feel right now. Good thing is nothing will be done for at least another 12 years (2030) so maybe people will get sick someday of sitting in traffic before going over the Palm Valley Bridge from Nocatee.

No offense to Nocatee folks. It’s the county commissioners that screwed this up and didn’t mandate the builders to come up with an acceptable infrastructure plan.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:22 AM

I love/hate that drive over the bridge, thru Palm Valley to A1A. Beautiful scenery and if you make the drive during off hours there is typically little to no traffic. Make the same drive during rush hour and it's just an awful drive down 2 lane roads that are beyond maxed out. And apparently in today's day and age round-abouts are simply too difficult for 50% of the people on the roads.....it's maddening how long it takes people to get through that one.

I think the developers and County Commissioners are finally "getting it" in terms of ensuring infrastructure is there prior to these large build outs; however, the damage has already been done in certain areas and that Palm Valley stretch is one of the worst casualties. Once these bigger developments on 210 are completed I imagine that road will turn into Blanding or San Jose, with stop lights and strip malls throughout. What a shame....although admittedly we moved here and bought a house in the area so I guess we are partially to blame for adding to the demand.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:14 PM

80 posts, read 123,061 times
Jimmy Johns is not running for reelection as a County Commissioner. He's now running for Congress.

Old 02-21-2018, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSWATTY View Post
Jimmy Johns is not running for reelection as a County Commissioner. He's now running for Congress.
I've heard this as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville