U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 07:44 PM

110 posts, read 87,753 times

Advertisements

Congrats! We had friends just move to JCP - great area and great amenities for not very much on the CDD! Good schools and overall everything you need is at your fingertips off San Jose! Congrats! We are from NY too - Long Island and we love it here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 03:23 PM

16 posts, read 13,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax2PVB View Post
Congrats! We had friends just move to JCP - great area and great amenities for not very much on the CDD! Good schools and overall everything you need is at your fingertips off San Jose! Congrats! We are from NY too - Long Island and we love it here!
Thank you for the congratulations! We have friends in Bellmore that we'll miss when we move, but hopefully they'll come to visit. I was looking through the JCP HOA website and looking up the amenities and activities available to residents. Wow, well worth living with an HOA. I had a bad experience with an HOA when I first owned a townhouse and sold it before I really got into it with the President, very corrupt organization, that one. This JCP association seems to have its head on straight though.

Actually looking forward to the Food Truck Fridays they have! The Mrs will be happy that she gets out of cooking that night! Ha ha!

Old 07-28-2018, 08:09 PM

19 posts, read 22,075 times
Hi, welcome to Jax. I’m from NY too, just across the river from you in Rockland County. I would say a shock was food. Forget about anything close to decent pizza, hard to find good chinese too. But you adjust, we now love bbq and fried chicken. I think the biggest shock was trying to get anything for the house fixed correctly. Electricians, plumbers, painters, all looking to rip you off and shoddy work is the norm. Watch out with new construction. For sure the house won’t be done even if they say its done, and half of it will be done so poorly that it will have to be redone. People depend more on Home Depot and Lowes instead of hiring privately for things like window treatments, flooring, fences etc., because they will not take your money and run. Good luck with your move.

Old 08-28-2018, 05:56 AM
rtt

257 posts, read 696,309 times
New Yorker here, too! Welcome.....you won't regret your move.....and as for Pizza......Tony's on Solana in PV or Renna's is pretty darn close......Best of luck on your move!

Old 09-03-2018, 05:48 PM

Hey, thank you for the tips on the pizza. We just closed on Friday after driving straight through the night Thursday. We closed on the sale of our NY home at 2pm Thursday, then drove overnight to close on Friday at 3pm in Jacksonville! But we made it! Everyone in the neighborhood has been so welcoming. No regrets yet! Again, I just want to thank everyone at city-data for your invaluable information on the area. I was lurking in all the Florida forums for 6 years, reading about all the different areas before deciding on the Jacksonville/St Augustine area.

Old 09-04-2018, 10:00 AM

6,845 posts, read 7,547,029 times
Congrats and welcome!

Old 09-08-2018, 09:37 AM

66 posts, read 27,577 times
how is it going? We will be moving into your area in about 8 months

Old 09-10-2018, 07:43 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,518,215 times
For good NY-style pizza I highly recommend Brooklyn Pizza off of Old St Augustine Rd in the Shoppes at Bartram Park. Simply the best around.

Old 09-15-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy_ View Post
how is it going? We will be moving into your area in about 8 months
Not too bad so far. Still unpacking into a smaller house so we're trying to figure out where everything can go. The kids are enrolled in school, they're having some trouble adjusting from a school with 425 students to Creekside which has 2300! But that was to be expected. They're resilient, they'll get through it.

Truth is, no regrets whatsoever. Once the snow starts up in NY we'll be even more glad that we made the move. Come on down! You'll love it!

Old 09-15-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
For good NY-style pizza I highly recommend Brooklyn Pizza off of Old St Augustine Rd in the Shoppes at Bartram Park. Simply the best around.

We're learning our way around so I actually know where the Shoppes is! Gotta stop in at Brooklyn Pizza and try it out. Thanks for the tip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville