Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 11:02 AM

2 posts, read 4,037 times

Advertisements

Hi, my name is Megan and we are a family with two kids (6,7) considering relocating to Ponte Vedra Beach area for job at Mayo. Considering the following neighborhoods. All seem within our home type, square footage and price range. (Detached single family home, about 2,500 sq ft and $400-550k) Can any one give us an insider's scoop? What do locals know about these neighborhoods/what they're known for? Thanks in advance for any advice or feedback!

Ocean’s Edge
Seaside
Odum’s Mill
Sawmill Lakes
Summerfield

Ocean’s Edge
pros: walk/bike to Mickler's
cons: close to A1A - noise?

Seaside
pros: walk/bike to Mickler's, private beach gate, not sure where?
cons: ?

Odum’s Mill
pros: walk/bike to ocean palms elementary, landrum middle, YMCA, mature trees, etc.

Sawmill Lakes
pros: ?

Summerfield
pros: ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 12:53 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,151,144 times
Sent you a direct message.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,037 times
thanks, ivan!

Old 07-07-2018, 10:32 PM

93 posts, read 158,317 times
I don't know anything about Summerfield, Ocean's Edge, or Seaside, but I know lots of people in Sawmill Lakes and Odom's Mill.

Sawmill Lakes is a wonderful neighborhood. I have a lot of friends who live there, and it's one of my favorite neighborhoods in the area. Everyone there seems to love it, they have a great pool and playground, they recently renovated their clubhouse. The community seems wonderful -- very friendly, they had a 4th of July parade this week that looked fun. The only con to it, for me, is that turning out of the neighborhood can take a while because Palm Valley gets busy, especially in rush hour.

Odom's Mill is walking distance to the elementary school and the middle school, which is awesome. I don't hear people that live here rave about it, and I don't believe the playground/swimming pool area is as nice, but it's a great neighborhood.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:42 PM

9 posts, read 10,880 times
Thank you for this post! We are also contemplating a move to PVB!

Coming from "Booming Boise", we were hoping to find a well-established neighborhood, that had reached its growth potential (i.e. no room for building more homes), but it seems that SJC is just as booming as where we are now! Do the neighborhoods the OP listed fit that (or below) criteria? Thanks so much for all the insightful information and questions!

Two children, 7 & 10, (an area that has a good elementary and middle school)
Ideally pet friendly
Commute not an issue
<$800k (ish)

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-10-2019, 05:59 PM

Ponte Vedra Beach 32082 is well established with not much land left to be built on and all schools are in the top 0.5% of all schools in Florida. You have two K-5 elementary schools, Ocean Palms (ranked 12th out of 2300 Florida schools - our son is starting Kindergarten there next year) and PV/PV Rawlings (17th out of 2300 schools). Ponte Vedra HS is ranked 244th nationally out of 5,900+ high schools in the country per US News & World Report.

Nocatee (aka Ponte Vedra 32081) which is over the intercoastal is still booming with more and more homes being built.

For less than $800k, you'll have plenty of options in PVB. In addition to places referenced above, you can look into Marsh Landing, Plantation Oaks, Payasada, Montura, Plantation, TPC, Sawgrass CC etc.

You can read the following thread (there are links within the thread with more threads containing info on PVB):

//www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...-families.html

Last edited by Ivan Putski; 02-10-2019 at 06:08 PM..

Old 02-10-2019, 06:47 PM

9 posts, read 10,880 times
Thanks Ivan! Much appreciated. I see you're also a fellow NJ'ean! (I was born and raised in Jersey City!) Thanks again!!

Old 02-10-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennspan View Post
Thanks Ivan! Much appreciated. I see you're also a fellow NJ'ean! (I was born and raised in Jersey City!) Thanks again!!
I grew up in Lyndhurst/Rutherford in the 80’s, Midland Park in the 90’s and most recently in Wyckoff before we moved here in PVB in 2015. I actually know the current mayor of JC fairly well. I was in the same fraternity with his older brother (RIP) and Steven often “visited” our house. I went to his high school graduation party back in the 90’s. Good kid.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:13 AM

455 posts, read 670,117 times
We lived in Wyckoff for 20 years. Left in 2007. Not many original neighbors still there. We all headed South once the kids grew up. Lived in Knoxville for awhile, now Charleston and exploring PV. It was a good decision to go. Don’t miss sliding down Rt 208 on the ice. That’s for sure!

Old 02-12-2019, 08:05 AM

455 posts, read 670,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNSea55 View Post
We lived in Wyckoff for 20 years. Left in 2007. Not many original neighbors still there. We all headed South once the kids grew up. Lived in Knoxville for awhile, now Charleston and exploring PV. It was a good decision to go. Don’t miss sliding down Rt 208 on the ice. That’s for sure!
Whoever repped me on this..Thank You. Not sure how to get back in touch but would be happy to offer some insight on the areas you were asking about. Just send me a DM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville