U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 01:52 PM

25 posts, read 14,627 times

Advertisements

Is there any good areas near St.augustine/ St.Johns County that is more for around a 200K budget?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 06:28 AM

263 posts, read 142,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy432 View Post
Is there any good areas near St.augustine/ St.Johns County that is more for around a 200K budget?
Are you willing to get a condo or townhouse? There are quite a few 3BR townhouses in my area(Bartram Park, zip code 32258) that are in that price point. Occasionally you can find them just over the border to St Johns in Durbin Creek. Also down in the World Golf Village area you can find more townhouses at that price point. I am sure some others can speak of the Town Center area at that price point too, I just do not feel educated enough on that area to give recommendations. Some new build townhouses are pretty close to that $200k limit, if you could get another $25k in your budget you would have more options.

As for a true house, you probably would need to go farther out to like Yulee to the north, or Middleburg, Orange Park, or Green Cove Springs on the west side. In general most would consider that a step down in quality of communities though. There are some nice pockets in those towns though that are worth considering, but I would definitely suggest driving around to check them out instead of relying on the internet if you go that route. You can however even find some smaller new builds out there at that price point, especially in Green Cove Springs and Middleburg.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:49 AM

Awesome, thank you.

Yeah we are looking more for a house, as we will be starting a family within the next couple years.
So looking something maybe within 30-45 minutes from a beach like st.augustine. While also being in a decent area for families.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:14 PM

16 posts, read 27,306 times
Look at Arbor Mill and Treaty Oaks for new, affordable housing. No CDD's as well.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:41 AM

9 posts, read 4,509 times
Be careful with some of the suggestions since you will have a family and just don't assume all areas of Saint Johns have great schools. Yes in general, Saint Johns schools are very good but there are reasons why some of the communities are more affordable, like say Treaty Oaks that I saw recommended here. Treaty Oaks is zoned to one of the worst rated elementary schools in the county, Otis Mason.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:21 AM

263 posts, read 142,772 times
That $200k limit and a house still wont even get you into Treaty Oaks, which murabelladawg is right, is a significant step down in school quality.

If you do not want a townhouse, you really I think are stuck out in Clay county, in like Green Cove Springs area. The schools do not seem to be as well regarded as St Johns, but I am sure you could find something decent if you used a realtor who knows that area better. My wife has friends out there who are happy with their schools.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:41 AM

9 posts, read 4,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottamemnon View Post
That $200k limit and a house still wont even get you into Treaty Oaks, which murabelladawg is right, is a significant step down in school quality.

If you do not want a townhouse, you really I think are stuck out in Clay county, in like Green Cove Springs area. The schools do not seem to be as well regarded as St Johns, but I am sure you could find something decent if you used a realtor who knows that area better. My wife has friends out there who are happy with their schools.
I agree. Why pay the Saint Johns County premium to be zoned to not so good schools in that particular area of the county? In this case with the budget it does make more sense to look at the better areas of Clay.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:23 AM

Thank you all for your help! I will look into Green Cove Springs, mostly just want a decent school system for our future kids, and to live close enough (within 45min drive) to a nice beach, and where there are lots of things to do. While also maintaining that 200k budget if possible!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or