U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 07:34 PM

5,673 posts, read 5,562,387 times

Advertisements

You couldn't pay me to live in Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 06:33 PM

194 posts, read 154,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
You couldn't pay me to live in Chicago.
It was the most exited city in all of the USA in 2015 and 2016. Not sure about 2017, but people are leaving in droves

Old 08-13-2018, 02:28 PM

5,673 posts, read 5,562,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Lugo View Post
It was the most exited city in all of the USA in 2015 and 2016. Not sure about 2017, but people are leaving in droves
I'm sure 2017 is the same. The violence there is WAY over the top, as you have personally experienced. It's done, finished, through, over with. There's no coming back from this, at least not at this time. However, Chicago has always had a reputation for violence and corruption in one form or another, going back to the days of Al Capone.

The irony of the whole thing is, here's a Chicago Democrat asking POTUS for help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhX_tKbeMXo

Some nerve, when Chicago considers itself a "Trump free zone" and drove him and his supporters out with threats of violence during the campaign. The man seems like a decent sort, but if it was me, I'd stay out of it and let the city and its residents work it out.

Chicago belongs to two people: Rahm Emmanuel and Bill Ayers. That's why the city is the way it is and will always be, until people like that are gone.

Anyway, as bad as things may be for you right now, you are much better off in JAX.

Old 08-13-2018, 02:39 PM

9,978 posts, read 16,734,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Lugo View Post
I completed my A.A. degree at FSCJ in person. The Bachelor's I was working on at FSCJ was all online. So would I need a Bachelor's to work at the office?
Get that Bachelor's Degree! You're so close to it now. Make that your priority now, you're so close it would be a shame to let it slip through the cracks. Even if you don't need the degree for an immediate job it will come in handy in the future, especially if you work for the government. They base promotions and salary increases, in part, on education.

It sounds like you just want to get out of a bad home situation now and looking for a way to do it. If you can hang on for, perhaps, another year to get the degree your options will improve. Take care and good luck!

Old 08-13-2018, 05:04 PM

3,508 posts, read 1,916,239 times
I have read through some of the posts. Security sucks! Did it a long time, boring as f! Working for someone in a line job, will always stink.

Get into a job with a pension if you plan to slave away at an hourly positions. Federal or state jobs, apply for them all.

There are many fields where you can be a representive, without a law degree. Employee rights, reading documents,etc. If you are a good reader, and comprehend well, the door is open for you.

Hard woek,company man, all that b's employees fall for,is what keeps you at a low paying job. Break the cycle, your employer box syore/ management company does not gaf. About you.

If you master a foreign language, you can teach online. If you know security systems, you can install cameras and sensor. If you know fire systems, be a trouble shooter or installer.

The possibility is endless with hunger!

Stop putting others down, worry about yourself. Parent are people too, and if their relationship did not work out, you can't point fingers. Low cost room and board beats paying full rent on your own!

Old 09-04-2018, 05:56 PM

5,935 posts, read 4,134,533 times
OP, You need to learn a trade.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/bus...215100165.html

Old 09-04-2018, 06:34 PM

1,464 posts, read 694,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post

OP: Listen to what Southern man is saying......learn a trade. Air Conditioning, Electrician, and some basic plumbing. (Many plumbers complain that as they get older, it is difficult for them to get down to the floor.) Put everything you can on it, and learn as much as you can, eventually, you can have your own business, and be your own boss.......good-luck to you....

Old 09-16-2018, 11:06 AM

1,464 posts, read 694,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
OP: Listen to what Southern man is saying......learn a trade. Air Conditioning, Electrician, and some basic plumbing. (Many plumbers complain that as they get older, it is difficult for them to get down to the floor.) Put everything you can on it, and learn as much as you can, eventually, you can have your own business, and be your own boss.......good-luck to you....

If I were you, with all your energy and youth, not only would I learn a trade, I would try to finish my education........education is tops in the world.........Security is a job for non-High School Graduates that do not want to go any further in life.......you are getting excellent advice here........do not waste your life, by not doing one of the above, I would go for the two, If I were you........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or