U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 06:05 PM

147 posts, read 75,516 times

Advertisements

1. I decided against Tampa two dense and the gulf lacks the energy of the ocean. What color is the water at Jacksonville beach? Does it get blue like miami beach or us it brown like closer to Savannah GA?

2. Are the suburbs separate and well defined or all smooshed together and can't tell when going from one nieghborhood to another?

3.is Jacksonville considered a military town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 09:07 PM

6,842 posts, read 7,540,949 times
1. Brown
2. mostly can't tell
3. Yes

Old 07-10-2018, 09:15 PM

147 posts, read 75,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
1. Brown
2. mostly can't tell
3. Yes
Thank you

Old 07-11-2018, 07:06 PM

110 posts, read 87,548 times
Ditto what ProjectMaximus said!

Old 07-12-2018, 08:28 AM

376 posts, read 274,315 times
The water gets 'bluer' or 'greener' as soon as you go south of Jax. The St Johns river flows north and lets out at the north end of Jacksonville. It gets clearer depending on currents and things where you can see the bottom while surfing or what not. It's mostly pretty brown though. St Augustine and other areas just south have more frequent days of green/blue water but it's nothing like south Florida.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:06 PM

384 posts, read 346,780 times
Is the water brown at JAXs beach? I don't think so. I say it is green but not clear, not nice and blue like south FLA.

Jax is a giant sprawl of a city made up of a million separate housing developments that all essentially look the same.

The military is a dominant force which may be the reason a lot of housing developments often look like barracks

Old 07-14-2018, 12:33 AM

56 posts, read 33,384 times

The ocean is the same color as sweet tea up in Jax

Old 01-03-2019, 03:02 PM

2 posts, read 983 times
Jax in a nutshell - Arrogant yuppies from St. Johns who suck at golf
-Surfers who think they ride pipe in Jax Beach
-Rednecks who bump rap music in jacked up trucks all over
-Shootings anywhere any time
- The water IS NOT BLUE, it is practically black and has the worse waves ive seen in FL. I have surfed everywhere in Florida and the windswell Jax gets SUUUUUUCKS. If you surf, go NSB or anywhere in Brevard County. Central FL has the best waves and dont even think about trying to argue with that because you will be wrong.

Jax is south GA. It is not FL. There is nothing Florida about Jax. The "tourists" who visit the beach literally look like they come from a trash can.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:36 PM

1,269 posts, read 1,342,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj16001 View Post
- The water IS NOT BLUE, it is practically black and has the worse waves ive seen in FL. I have surfed everywhere in Florida and the windswell Jax gets SUUUUUUCKS. If you surf, go NSB or anywhere in Brevard County. Central FL has the best waves and dont even think about trying to argue with that because you will be wrong.

Jax is south GA. It is not FL. There is nothing Florida about Jax. The "tourists" who visit the beach literally look like they come from a trash can.
Not to mention all the "I Love Trump" and confederate flag stickers on cars, crappy sushi everywhere, warm weather, damn hurricanes and Walmart on every corner. Did I mention crappy sushi? Don't get me started on the Jaguars. This place sucks.

(for those of you that don't know me, I'm completely being facetious so don't PM me with "go back to where you came from" messages. Though, sushi does suck pretty bad here)

Old 01-03-2019, 09:19 PM

3,696 posts, read 1,983,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj16001 View Post

How long have you worked for the Jax Chamber of Commerce? We need more folks like you so the place doesn't get overbuilt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or