U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2018, 07:44 AM

4,912 posts, read 3,487,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAZELLBOO View Post
You are obviously just trying to find something to disagree with in my post because you were wrong and don't want to admit it. You clearly don't live out here so have no idea of whether it's packed or not because you didn't even know there could one out here let alone 10.

Secondly, if you expanded your reasoning a little you'd realize that when the sun goes down, they're likely not far away. They leave their belonging under the overpass sometimes so perhaps they sleep there, who knows? The point is, we don't know their pasts and whether or not they are thieves or burglars or whatever. So, yes, residents have a right to be a little leery when there are homeless people hanging around your neighborhood when they don't live there and we don't know their mental state or criminal history.

So, sure, the chances of them robbing someone in broad daylight is pretty slim, but I guess with some people, you just have to explain things like you're talking to a child.
A child? No. A sane, rational adult? Youbetcha.

You come on here with a claim that the Town Center is "PACKED" with homeless and beggars and ask if it's safe. People tell you it's fine and you become incredulous as to their answer and seem to have already made up your mind that it is unsafe. Where is the logic behind the whole premise of this thread?

Here's an idea....if you're afraid of the Town Center for fear of being killed or robbed, don't go there. If you live nearby, move!

Crazy talk, I know.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2018, 07:52 AM

23 posts, read 17,957 times
What are you even talking about? Wrong again. I became incredulous only to the people who said there Are NO beggars out there, because I know better than that. Obviously, if I'm telling you I have lunch there and I see them when I'm there, I wouldn't believe those people. So yes I am incredulous of you and those other people who are going on rants because I'm asking people to weigh in on safety in light of this situation that has come to the town center with so many new businesses. Actually, let me correct myself, you are the only person going on a rant and offended over the fact that I said there are beggars at the Town Center. Clearly, I wouldn't be speaking to someone who isn't aware of the situation, so you shouldn't have even answer the post if you've never seen a beggar. Take all of your yada yada to a post that you actually know something about.

To the rest of you who may actually live at the Town Center or on Gate, I welcome your opinions, especially if you are walkers or bikers in the early morning and evenings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
A child? No. A sane, rational adult? Youbetcha.

You come on here with a claim that the Town Center is "PACKED" with homeless and beggars and ask if it's safe. People tell you it's fine and you become incredulous as to their answer and seem to have already made up your mind that it is unsafe. Where is the logic behind the whole premise of this thread?

Here's an idea....if you're afraid of the Town Center for fear of being killed or robbed, don't go there. If you live nearby, move!

Crazy talk, I know.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
What are you even talking about? Wrong again. I became incredulous only to the people who said there Are NO beggars out there, because I know better than that. Obviously, if I'm telling you I have lunch there and I see them when I'm there, I wouldn't believe those people. So yes I am incredulous of you and those other people who are going on rants because I'm asking people to weigh in on safety in light of this situation that has come to the town center with so many new businesses. Actually, let me correct myself, you are the only person going on a rant and offended over the fact that I said there are beggars at the Town Center. Clearly, I wouldn't be speaking to someone who isn't aware of the situation, so you shouldn't have even answer the post if you've never seen a beggar. Take all of your yada yada to a post that you actually know something about.

To the rest of you who may actually live at the Town Center or on Gate, I welcome your opinions, especially if you are walkers or bikers in the early morning and evenings.
I'm aware. Aware that certain people are afraid of everything.

You could literally pick any area in NE FL and find *something* to be afraid of. Downtown? Mass shooting. North side? Gang activity. St Johns Co? Sex offenders. Nocatee? Racist field officials.

Good luck with your quest to find the truth. It seems as if you've already made up your mind, however.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:11 AM

700 posts, read 412,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
The “bleeding hearts” type? I think they get it and say “it’s my money and I’ll use it the way I want to”.
We live in St. Augustine, and it is the tourists that get snookered/intimidated into giving them money. I have not given any homeless person anything since I purchased a good meal for a couple that always used to be in the same spot, when I gave it to them, the lady told me that food is not what they needed, it was money. That was it, no more ever.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:31 AM

I was on my way to work one morning and I had packed a beautiful, delicious peach from Whole Foods, which cost $1.15. There was a guy with a dog standing on the side of the road with a sign. I signaled for him to come over and gave him my peach. He took it and said thank you and walked back to the side of the road. I looked back as I pulled off and saw him toss the peach on the ground to his dog. I was livid and that was the last time I've done that.

Another time I was at Chipotle Grill at Town Center, there was a woman with a child who was walking around asking for money. She was knocking on my car window as I was sitting there eating, but I was hesitant to roll the window down, and I only cracked it. She got frustrated and walked away. I saw a couple come out of the store and give her money, and then she went in Chipotle Grill for about 2 minutes, and came right back out without any food. It was all for show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
We live in St. Augustine, and it is the tourists that get snookered/intimidated into giving them money. I have not given any homeless person anything since I purchased a good meal for a couple that always used to be in the same spot, when I gave it to them, the lady told me that food is not what they needed, it was money. That was it, no more ever.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Who are you even responding to??? Now you are defending the Town Center against some imaginary person who asked which area should they move to with a nonexistent crime rate (I definitely never asked that). You certainly act like a child. Not only do you see imaginary things, but you have a 5th grade reading level.

The question asked city forumers to weigh in on their concern for the influx of beggars in the Town Center area with regards to safety. I said I'm considering moving there, so clearly, im looking for responses from current residents who have everyday experience in the area. You don't live there, and have never seen a beggar there, therefore you have no business answering the question.

Why don't you find a post where someone is asking about beach safety in light of sharks. Post something like, "what are you talking about! There are no sharks at the beach! I've been to the beach and have NEVER seen a shark!" Let me know how that works out.

I will consider responses from those who actually live there, which is the appropriate thing to do.
Ah yes, when backed into a corner the personal attacks come out. So predictable and sooooooo boring.

Good luck. I sure hope you don't come here and call our wonderful little part of the world home any time soon.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:57 AM

I'm not backed into a corner. You are laughable. Your responses are incoherent to the discussion. You didn't even comprehend that the discussion is about the area and not the mall. Then when I point about how you've answered questions that haven't even been asked, you start nitpicking to find anything thing to object to. "Our little part of the world?" You've already made it clear that you don't live over here, so please stop it. The point is you have nothing to contribute to a discussion about life in a neighborhood in which you don't live. Have a better day sweetie pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Ah yes, when backed into a corner the personal attacks come out. So predictable and sooooooo boring.

Good luck. I sure hope you don't come here and call our wonderful little part of the world home any time soon.

Old 10-31-2018, 12:01 PM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or