Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 08:04 PM

8 posts, read 49,199 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am new to this site and we are transferring to the Jacksonville area. We are currently looking into CornerStone Home Builders..does anyone have any information on them or on the Doctor's Inlet Reserve subdivision in Middleburg (on the Orange Park line)?

Thanks!
Michelle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2006, 12:32 PM

68 posts, read 324,112 times
i looked into that development a few months back and me and my wife just made a joke the other day saying "thank God we didnt move to doctors inlet!" we were looking at a ryland home in that development. the traffic is HORRENDOUS and it FYI there is a garbage dump and landfill behind the develpoment! pm me for more info!

Old 02-09-2007, 06:36 PM

8 posts, read 49,199 times
Actually we did move into DIR and we love it. There are no issues with the former land fill or the transfer station.

Thanks anyway--much better than having moved to Argyle where traffic is a nightmare!

Old 02-11-2007, 05:11 PM

11 posts, read 53,469 times
There are two roads leading from Duval into Clay County. One is Hwy 17 and the other is Blanding Blvd. It is backed up for miles and miles at any given time of the day. If there happens to be an accident of any kind....add 20-45 minutes to your drive.

There is a new road which is Brannon Field but the problem is the road does not have the needed crossovers to Blanding. I suppose you could always use it but chances are..........if you are attempting to reach the interstate.........it is going to be a long wait once you attempt getting to Blanding Blvd.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 11,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomich1008 View Post
Hello, I am new to this site and we are transferring to the Jacksonville area. We are currently looking into CornerStone Home Builders..does anyone have any information on them or on the Doctor's Inlet Reserve subdivision in Middleburg (on the Orange Park line)?

Thanks!
Michelle
My husband and I are in the process of relocating back to Orange Park we are in the process of getting a house built with Ryland Homes in Dr. Inlet...
We were station there years ago but vist every year and now that my husband has retiried we cant waite to get back. If you have children Orange Park is the area to be the school are better the Duval! I love it I cant wait until my home is complete.

Peaceful, fun and great family life style.

We are moving from chicago, Il were today we are getting 6-12IN of snow!

The little things means so much

Enjoy

Old 02-13-2007, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 11,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomich1008 View Post
Actually we did move into DIR and we love it. There are no issues with the former land fill or the transfer station.

Thanks anyway--much better than having moved to Argyle where traffic is a nightmare!
I'm glad I keep reading I was getting nerves!

We just sign a contract with Ryland Homes but at this time we are in Chicago. We are in the process of getting our home built and I did not know it was a dump behind it!

I seen the great floor plans, the no money out of pocket at closing unless I want upgrades and most of all the school area!

How long have you been living in this subidvision?

are the schools great as they say? What is the Job market in that area?

I'm looking for accounting position.

you new neighbor.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:47 PM

68 posts, read 324,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AslisaM View Post
I'm glad I keep reading I was getting nerves!

We just sign a contract with Ryland Homes but at this time we are in Chicago. We are in the process of getting our home built and I did not know it was a dump behind it!

I seen the great floor plans, the no money out of pocket at closing unless I want upgrades and most of all the school area!

How long have you been living in this subidvision?

are the schools great as they say? What is the Job market in that area?

I'm looking for accounting position.

you new neighbor.
we moved from ohio 6 months ago and my wife had a VERY easy time finding an accounting position. it actually pays her significantly more than ohio as well!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:24 PM

3 posts, read 11,515 times
My husband and I are looking into Doctors Inlet Reserve right now... A friend of mine had mentioned something about a toxic waste dumping at the landfill.
Do you happen to have any information on that or know anything about it. We really like the community and would hate to think that we wouldn't be able to move there because of something like that... Please let me know.. I would really appreciate it.. Thankyou

Old 03-09-2008, 07:34 PM

3 posts, read 11,515 times
Hi my husband and I are looking to have a home built in Doctors Inlet Reserve. I was wondering what you thought about the location and the neighborhood. I have 3 small children and I am looking for a quiet nice neighborhood for our children. I am also wondering if you know anything about some kind of toxic waste being dumped in the landfill??? A friend of mine told me about it, but I am not sure how bad or if it has been properly taken care of..
thankyou

Old 03-10-2008, 07:31 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,984,152 times
At the moment I'm using dialup to access the net, so surfing for info about any dumps (toxic or otherwise) is frustrating for me. Thus, I can't comment on that. BUT I can comment on the traffic. Honestly, it's not that bad all the time. I live on Fleming Island which is a part of Orange Park, so my two choices to reach I-295 are Blanding or Rt 17. Truly, the traffic can be heavy especially on the upper part of Blanding, but I have no regrets nor experience constant frustrations about having to travel those routes.

As for the dump/landfill, perhaps do a google search and see what pops up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville