Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 07:07 AM

989 posts, read 769,481 times

Advertisements

Seems like crime is on the increase in Jacksonville again (Used to be the most dangerous city in FLA).

This seems to b more common lately. the evening news is getting depressing. I hope it does not spread south.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/artic...4-cdf1416cd8a5

Old 02-24-2019, 09:56 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
What is going on in Jax?
Miami used to be the murder capital but its homicide rate now is at a 50 year low.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:08 PM

661 posts, read 867,752 times
It's in a very concentrated area but yeah it's sad. I love the city of Jax and want to see things get better.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:37 AM

989 posts, read 769,481 times
Seems to be concentrated within the city limits, and mostly on the North Side or West side, will a little on the east. Very sad though.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:52 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
From what I've heard and seen, people who live in the non-violent or very little violent areas, don't even care what goes on in Jax concerning the crime. Actually, "life goes on" by and around The Avenues Mall and St John's Town Center. The mall is crowded and the restaurants and stores in the Town Center are booming with customers. The old saying here is, "if it's not in my backyard or affecting me or my family, I don't care who kills who here."

Election time is coming up. The signs for the existing Mayor and Sheriff state "Jacksonville is a safer city now" under their names. If a brand new Mayor and/or Sheriff is elected, will they say the same campaign stuff that Curry and Williams did....…"We will make Jacksonville a safer place to live". Which hasn't happened, but.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:59 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
From what I've heard and seen, people who live in the non-violent or very little violent areas, don't even care what goes on in Jax concerning the crime. Actually, "life goes on" by and around The Avenues Mall and St John's Town Center. The mall is crowded and the restaurants and stores in the Town Center are booming with customers. The old saying here is, "if it's not in my backyard or affecting me or my family, I don't care who kills who here."

Election time is coming up. The signs for the existing Mayor and Sheriff state "Jacksonville is a safer city now" under their names. If a brand new Mayor and/or Sheriff is elected, will they say the same campaign stuff that Curry and Williams did....…"We will make Jacksonville a safer place to live". Which hasn't happened, but.
So you care then what's going on in the very bad neighborhoods of North/NW Jax? Your post indicates that other people aren't doing anything to combat such crime. What, exactly, are you doing besides feigning care?

Old 02-25-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
So you care then what's going on in the very bad neighborhoods of North/NW Jax? Your post indicates that other people aren't doing anything to combat such crime. What, exactly, are you doing besides feigning care?
Really seems like nobody is. A "cease-fire" was set into place, for a week, last Friday I believe. We have the rest of this week and on to find out how that will help.

People will say, "just what am I suppose to do about the crime?" or "I don't ever go into those areas, so why do I care?" Have heard both statements.

Wife and I have been here for 10 years now, but, as you already know, are packing and making arrangements to move out of Jax and the South. Headed back to "where we belong" and into "Old Man Winter" and great summers.

I have no idea what anyone can do about the crime here. The murders are high......what can be done about it???

Old 02-25-2019, 09:20 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post

Wife and I have been here for 10 years now, but, as you already know, are packing and making arrangements to move out of Jax and the South. Headed back to "where we belong" and into "Old Man Winter" and great summers.
No, didn't know this. Can you expand on where you're moving to?

Old 02-25-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
No, didn't know this. Can you expand on where you're moving to?
Just a much smaller town/city by the Rocky Mountains. Not a big deal to anyone on this forum, other than if they would say "why in the heck would you move back to snow weather?". Answer, because we've lived there before and, even though we've been here for 10 years, have come to realize we simply don't belong here.

That's it.

Just really, really, REALLY hope that something can be done about the crime here in Jacksonville. This city is nice, but no longer for us.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:29 PM

5,199 posts, read 6,142,795 times
I haven't been looking at statistical numbers just what I see on the news but it seems shootings have been trending upwards. Although we all agree these are happening in a generalized area of the city we are seeing a lot of petty crime such as house breaks, car breaks and stolen vehicles here in Nassau County and a lot of those apprehended were from Jacksonville.

The shooting this past year at the laundromat in relatively close proximity to the Jags game was a bit of a wake up call for many.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/jackso...e-from-stadium
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville