Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 01:32 PM

30 posts, read 159,145 times

Advertisements

I haven't been on here for a while, and I figured I would attempt to get a little more info before we come down in June.

We have been in touch with a realtor who will take us around to look at rental properties when we come. He wanted me to make a list of the zip codes and areas we are interested in so he can narrow down the list of homes he will be showing us.

Two of the many zip codes we were looking at were 32246 and 32225. Both appear to have some affordable homes, as well as some very expensive rentals. If I am not mistaken Sandalwood falls in the 32246 zip code. How is this area? Appears to be older, smaller homes. But we will be fine with that if it means we will have some extra cash at the end of each month to fall back on if needed. The elementary schools in the immediate area seem decent, most being A schools. Many rental sites list subdivision names. Since I am not familiar with the area, any suggestions for nice subdivisions within a zip code would be appreciated.

As mentioned before, I would love to be close to things, in a diverse area, not more than 25 minutes to the beach, in an area with good schools, and in a community where I am able to take my daughter out to play without having to think twice about it. I know nowhere is completely safe, but some definately better than others.

By the way, we will be flying down in the middle of June, and staying for a week. I just found a great deal on airfare. We all 3 will be flying roundtrip from Philly to Jax for a total of $ 417.00. I am excited. Can't wait to see what your city has to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 02:53 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,023,466 times
Riveree needs to weigh in here. She is extremely familiar with 32246. And likes it a lot!

Old 04-10-2008, 03:29 PM

702 posts, read 2,184,717 times
I am in 32246 as well and I love it. As you mentioned, there are more expensive homes as well as the affordable in this area. It is an older area, so not many "subdivisions" as we see them now exist, which I think is a good thing. I live off Southside Blvd and my area according to tax records is Skycrest Village. But if you want to talk about more specific areas within zip codes, we can help you out. 32246 is a great area, if you are not worried about High Schools. The 32246 does go to Sandalwood, which is not good. IMO Jacksonville has very poor quality High Schools.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:36 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Here I am!

I feel much the same as Apanda does about the 32246 area....great area overall, the lousy high school - Sandalwood - is a shortcoming though. Elementary and Middle are no problem, as you already realized.

There are definitely some older neighborhoods, but there are a lot of new neighborhoods too (built in the last 5 years or so). Once you expand to include 32225, you have a ton of newer neighborhoods to consider. Many of them are not visible from the main road, so it's good you have a realtor to show you around .

You'll be far closer to the beach than your desired 25 minutes, you'll be more like 10-15 minutes at the most. You'll be the same or less to the Saint Johns Town Center as well. Access to I295/9A is great from these zips, especially from 32246.

There's a great brand new park in 32246 too - Huffman Park on Huffman Road. It's a beautiful 15 acre park with on-site security and everything, be sure to take your daughter there to check it out .

You have oodles of neighborhoods to choose from, and I definitely don't know all of them, but here are a few that come to mind for 32246 & 32225 that I would recommend looking at, in no particular order:

Sutton Lakes
Coachman Meadows
Coachman Lakes
Canterwood
Hawkins Cove
The Woods
Windsor Chase
Kensington

If you see a neighborhood you're considering, feel free to DM me .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville